PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] 3kb doesn't recognize blank dvd

pottzie
May 3rd, 2010, 12:55 AM
The title is a little misleading. I can get 3kb to "see" the dvd, and even read that it's a blank dvd. But when I tell it to burn, it says "insert blank dvd", even though there's a dvd already inserted. This is on a fresh install of 10.04.
I've tried as many different ways as I can come up with, and Google didn't give me any help, so I'm throwing it out here and seeing what happens.

anewguy
May 3rd, 2010, 02:14 AM
Did you install kubuntu, or did you install regular (gnome) ubuntu and add the k3b package? I am running regular ubuntu (gnome) and am in the process of letting Synaptic Package Manager install k3b and it's needed files. After it's installed I'll see if I have the same problem.

Dave ;)

EDIT:

Okay, I installed k3b, selected a new project as video dvd type, and told it to burn. It asked for a disk - I put 1 in and it recognized it. Clicked to let it go ahead and burn and the only error I got is because I didn't actually have any video or audio files in the ts folders. It looks to me like it would have gone ahead and burned.

So, now I have to ask one of those "dumb" questions - you are actually placing a blank DVD in the drive, not one with something on it or even a CD, right?

pottzie
May 3rd, 2010, 02:49 AM
No, it's a blank dvd. To add insult to injury, I can get 3kb to show the comtents of the dvd and it shows the mfg, contents (blank) sectors, etc. But when I add the file/project, it comes up with "please insert a blank dvd," and the blank dvd that 3kb just read is inserted!

anewguy
May 3rd, 2010, 08:36 AM
I wish I could offer you more help, but I don't know what might be causing this.

Sorry, and best of luck!

Dave ;)