PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] still having problems with broken package

richie3418
May 3rd, 2010, 12:29 AM
I am still having a problem with a broken package. I can't do anything to it, it is the Adobe Flash plugin. There is no installer after the upgrade I made yesterday. I tried to uninstall the plug in and install the installer I get this message every time: E: flashplugin-nonfree: Package is in a very bad inconsistent state - you should reinstall it before attempting a removal. I tried what someone mentioned yesterday about (fix broken packages) and that didn't work.
Is there a way to take all the fire fox packages of the reinstall them or some way to fix this mess?

sandyd
May 3rd, 2010, 12:58 AM
I am still having a problem with a broken package. I can't do anything to it, it is the Adobe Flash plugin. There is no installer after the upgrade I made yesterday. I tried to uninstall the plug in and install the installer I get this message every time: E: flashplugin-nonfree: Package is in a very bad inconsistent state - you should reinstall it before attempting a removal. I tried what someone mentioned yesterday about (fix broken packages) and that didn't work.
Is there a way to take all the fire fox packages of the reinstall them or some way to fix this mess?
see mi sig.

sandyd
May 3rd, 2010, 01:00 AM
or

sudo rm /var/lib/dpkg/info/flashplugin-nonfree.post*
sudo rm /var/lib/dpkg/info/flashplugin-nonfree.pre*
sudo dpkg --purge --force all flashplugin-nonfree