PDA

View Full Version : Hey guys, what do think of this?

MCVenom
May 2nd, 2010, 05:52 PM
Hey guys, I'm respinning Lucid for a friend, and I wanted to make sure that the desktop looks good. I really wanted it to be aesthetically pleasing, but still simple to use (so I decided to use Gnome, please don't tell me I should use KDE, I'm telling you now no argument is going to change my mind :P) What do you think of it?

Deviantart link: http://venomos.deviantart.com/art/Dawn-Ubuntu-Respin-Screencap-162683602

(Also attached below)

garvinrick4
May 2nd, 2010, 05:56 PM
You are trying to sell me something!! Bummer.

MCVenom
May 2nd, 2010, 06:03 PM
I'm sorry, I don't quite follow... :confused:

steveneddy
May 2nd, 2010, 06:30 PM
I don't like the colors or desktop icons of any type.

I'm also not much into Anime.

MCVenom
May 2nd, 2010, 09:04 PM
I don't like the colors or desktop icons of any type.

I'm also not much into Anime.
Thanks for the response.

Could the others who voted please explain why they voted the way they did? :p

voxman69
May 2nd, 2010, 09:12 PM
I voted great.
To be honest I don't like the choice of color, but I figured you either went with Lucids coloring or you've adjusted it to your friends liking?

I do like the choice of Docky in panel-mode though. That alone is worth top-rating!

MCVenom
May 2nd, 2010, 09:15 PM
I voted great.
To be honest I don't like the choice of color, but I figured you either went with Lucids coloring or you've adjusted it to your friends liking?

I do like the choice of Docky in panel-mode though. That alone is worth top-rating!
Yes, she tends to like pink, so I went with it... I might try a light blue instead though.

TheNerdAL
May 2nd, 2010, 09:15 PM
It doesn't quite please me, it's okay. Just not great like OH MY JOSH!

Random_Dude
May 2nd, 2010, 09:58 PM
If your friend is an anime fangirl, than it's a good job. Otherwise, it's just too much pink.

Cheers :cool:

MCVenom
May 2nd, 2010, 10:22 PM
If your friend is an anime fangirl, than it's a good job. Otherwise, it's just too much pink.

Cheers :cool:
She is, actually :lolflag:

Phrea
May 2nd, 2010, 10:24 PM
Nicely done, Sir.

MCVenom
May 2nd, 2010, 10:33 PM
Nicely done, Sir.
Thank you kind sir :)