PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] restore os in working state

andrewhudsen
May 2nd, 2010, 07:10 AM
hello....
i am new in ubuntu.i am using ubuntu 9.10 version

in my pc i cant see application,place,system& all also could not add any icon to the pannel and so on......

i have to restore my pc into working state

i am using wipro's branded pc.also i came to know that it has got restore partition which is unmounted.

how can i restore pc into previous by using thise partition.

pls help me.......

with regards
andrewhudsen

utnubuuser
May 2nd, 2010, 07:36 AM
Some computers have a special keyboard-button to access the restore-partition at boot time.

nhasian
May 2nd, 2010, 07:42 AM
locate the PAUSE button on your keyboard. reboot your computer and press the PAUSE button on the POST screen. if you see the Ubuntu or Windows Logo then you've gone too far and have to reboot again. on the POST screen it gives you information like how fast your cpu is, how much ram you have, and the special keys to enter the bios, change bootup options, and system-restore if your computer provides this feature.

instead of doing a system restore, i recommend doing a fresh install of Ubuntu 10.04.

Paqman
May 2nd, 2010, 08:42 AM
in my pc i cant see application,place,system& all also could not add any icon to the pannel and so on......

Are you using the Netbook Edition?

Maybe if you can take a screenshot and post it here so we can see exactly what your problem is?