PDA

View Full Version : [other] Battery life?

TriBlox6432
May 2nd, 2010, 05:18 AM
Hello, I have a Dell Mini 10v netbook that I use for school.

Just got 10.04 final release installed, turned off visual effects, and with brightness on low, bluetooth and wifi disabled. Is there anything else I can do to extend my battery life? I only have a 3 cell and it can only charge to 80% and since I'm at school 7 hours a day, every little bit counts!

3rdalbum
May 2nd, 2010, 05:34 AM
I'd recommend getting a bigger battery (like a 9 cell) as there's only so much life you can squeeze out of your battery!

Other than that, you could run (sudo powertop (apt:powertop) to identify what options can be applied to help with battery life.

ajk95
May 2nd, 2010, 05:41 AM
I'd recommend getting a bigger battery (like a 9 cell) as there's only so much life you can squeeze out of your battery!

Other than that, you could run (sudo powertop (apt:powertop) to identify what options can be applied to help with battery life.
While I agree that a bigger battery is a good way to extend battery life, keep in mind that with more capacity comes more weight (and size). If you get a battery that's too big, it may defeat the purpose of having a netbook (versus an ordinary laptop).