PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Compiz features missing

Axilus
May 2nd, 2010, 02:16 AM
Hey Guys (and Gals... whichever applies),

I recently upgraded to 10.04 on my desktop from a fresh install and downloaded all my programs and set up my Graphics card driver.

After being satisfied with my setup I continued to go customize Compiz fusion to my liking//however... I seem to be missing some features that were in my 9.10 version. These include:

Animation addons
and the windows that pop of the screen (forget the name)

Can anyone explain where they went, or even how to get them; because I was expecting to upgrade everything... not downgrade some.

Cheers.

mikeashelby
May 4th, 2010, 01:18 PM
I've also noticed a few things missing from last release (or perhaps before that).

The animation effects for windows: I don't have beam or fire any more - just the more boring effects (glides and such).

Also, the paint on screen with fire. Granted, I virtually never used it - so perhaps that's why. Just seems like these are quite fun, and cool things, and I'm not sure why they've got the chop (at least, they don't need to be on the CD, but being downloadable - ie. 'get more effects' or similar).

Anyway, just my 2p.

m

SiliconS
May 4th, 2010, 03:13 PM
I found the same and I think I replaced the missing plugins using Compiz using the Ubuntu Software Centre. Search for 'compiz' in the software list and look for the plugins entry.

lawalty
May 4th, 2010, 03:47 PM
The Compiz plugins extra seemed to be left out of the new 10.04 release. I have found the link to download the missing stuff for Compiz here:

http://blog.thesilentnumber.me/2010/04/ubuntu-1004-post-install-guide-what-to.html

I know it is an extensive read, but about a quarter the way down, under 'Eye Candy' you will see the link to install the Compiz extras. I think you will appreciate all the info as well.

:KS
"have fun!"

aceracer24
May 4th, 2010, 03:51 PM
The extras you are talking about should be in synaptic under compiz-fuzion-extras or something along those lines.

Axilus
May 4th, 2010, 09:18 PM
The Compiz plugins extra seemed to be left out of the new 10.04 release. I have found the link to download the missing stuff for Compiz here:

http://blog.thesilentnumber.me/2010/04/ubuntu-1004-post-install-guide-what-to.html

I know it is an extensive read, but about a quarter the way down, under 'Eye Candy' you will see the link to install the Compiz extras. I think you will appreciate all the info as well.

:KS
"have fun!"

Thanks, I got my plugins back :D

wwwphil
May 20th, 2010, 10:26 AM
Sorted, my dektop :guitar:again. Childish yes, but lots of fun.

Dkkline
May 20th, 2010, 11:21 AM
For all you google'ers here is a quick way to get all the extra plugin's for compiz:

1.) open a terminal ("Applications -> Accessories -> Terminal")
2.) type:
sudo apt-get install compiz-fusion-plugins-extra.
3.) open compiz settings ("System -> Preferences -> CompizConfig Settings Manager") and they should all be there!

Have fun!