PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Ubuntu 10.04 does not detect iPod touch

caps-fan
May 2nd, 2010, 12:36 AM
Ubuntu 10.04 will not detect my iPod touch, but my iPod is charging when i plug it in

markbabc
May 2nd, 2010, 03:56 PM
Ubuntu 10.04 will not detect my iPod touch, but my iPod is charging when i plug it in
i am having the same problem over here, i thought that 10.04 was going to have great ipod touch support but ig not

pcrat
May 2nd, 2010, 04:23 PM
its a pain in the **** to get the ipod touch working with 10.04 i have a 32GIG jailbroken 3rd Gen.. i gave up after all the tutorials.. one of the very few reasons why i keep windows in vmware...

lizajane999
May 16th, 2010, 11:15 PM
I'm having this problem too. I upgraded to 10.04 from 9.10 and now my iPod doesn't show up in Nautilus but it does charge and will sync with iTunes through VB and XP.

I was hoping to be able to get rid of the whole VB, XP, iTunes business with Lucid. What's wrong??

Reactor5
May 19th, 2010, 06:13 PM
Hey all, I had the same problem. Fixed it by unlocking the iPod and then plugging it in. Sorry if that doesn't work for you, but that fixed it for me instantly. Now if I could find a way to import the iTunes library there...

lizajane999
May 21st, 2010, 09:34 AM
I just discovered by accident that if I unplug all other USB devices and then plug in my iPod it is detected just fine and I can sync it with Rhythmbox.

If I plug something else into a USB port with the iPod connected, the iPod disconnects.

I'm running Ubuntu 10.04 64-bit on an HP dv4 laptop.

quantumottle
July 26th, 2010, 03:42 AM
Another possible solution (http://wwww.ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?p=9636742#post9636742), it worked for me anyway.

hedge001
August 7th, 2010, 12:28 PM
Hi everyone.
There is an end to this misery.

As reported by the man at:

http://ianmarmour.wordpress.com/2010/05/02/ipod-touch-ubuntu-10-04-fix/

It worked for me.
You just have to turn off your lock screen password and you are good to go.:KS

bryan.sailer
August 9th, 2010, 01:17 AM
I just purchased an IPOD for my wife. It sounds like a simple enough fix but how do I get past the initial setup of the IPOD touch. Do I need to set it up on Itunes and then start using it on Ubuntu Linux?
So far when I plug in the IPOD Touch it mounts and I can see the IPOD on rhythmbox but I cannot add music.

Bryan
Ubuntu 10.04

bryan.sailer
August 23rd, 2010, 07:25 PM
I finally got the IPOD to sync and I cna move pictures and songs back and forth. The movies and videos is still not transferring for me. Does anyone out there know of any solution?

ebramwells
September 5th, 2010, 10:32 AM
I'm also interested in knowing whether or not you can set-up an iPod in Ubuntu or whether it has to already have been set-up in iTunes first to be usable. Thanks.

scott.carey216
September 7th, 2010, 05:55 AM
Just got ubuntu about two months ago and I really like it. However I have a 2nd gen Ipod touch that ubuntu 10.04 doesn't detect at all. I've installed all the libimobile device packages, restarted my laptop, restarted my ipod, and still nothing. My passcode is set to off. I've made sure I unlocked it with the slider before I plugged it in. Any way I can manually detect it using the terminal? Any help would be much appreciated!

Ahiranta
September 7th, 2010, 01:05 PM
Just got ubuntu about two months ago and I really like it. However I have a 2nd gen Ipod touch that ubuntu 10.04 doesn't detect at all. I've installed all the libimobile device packages, restarted my laptop, restarted my ipod, and still nothing. My passcode is set to off. I've made sure I unlocked it with the slider before I plugged it in. Any way I can manually detect it using the terminal? Any help would be much appreciated!

I just followed a tip I found in this same thread: I unplugged all my usb devices with exception of my mouse otherwise would be impossible for me to do anything on the computer...lol and whala for the first time I could import music onto my itouch 2nd gen also using 10.04 Ubuntu like yourself. Still trying to figure out how I can import movies onto my itouch. I can watch them without a problem now also through rhythmbox. give it a go might do the trick for you. If you manage to get yours going and find out how to import video's please let me know....I am a total nert when it comes to Ubuntu, well computers in general really....lol but that does not stop me from trying though.

scott.carey216
September 7th, 2010, 07:47 PM
Ok so I figured it out....After about 5 hours of my life wasted I found out it was the cheap cable I was using!!!! Switched cables and it pops right up.... Thanks for the attempt to help though. Hopefully I won't run into anymore stupid mistakes ha :oops: