PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] MPD, Icecast, & Streamfurious on Android Phone

antipop2323
May 1st, 2010, 04:41 PM
Hey all,

I've been trying to set up MPD & Icecast to stream my music to my HTC Incredible. I have it set up now to the point that I can open my stream on my laptop through VLC. I can also open my icecast server on my phone's web browser, however, when I try to open up the stream in StreamFurious it seems to download, but then upon finishing says something to the effect of "Broken Pipe - Stopped" anyone have any ideas?

Setsuna666
May 5th, 2010, 01:46 AM
Hi,

Can you post your mpd/icecast configuration ?

In my configuration, I only use mpd with the lame plugin installed in order to output an mp3 stream. Version 0.15 an up of mpd provide build-in http streaming.

Also, you could try another application to listen to your stream. I use xiia live (droid live) free, available in the market.

kajer
June 1st, 2010, 08:31 PM
I updated to Froyo 2.2 and streamfurious hasn't worked since. The 1.0.8 update of streamfurious claims Froyo support...

Now, It's most of DI.FM's streams, authenticated or not, that give me a broken pipe message. sometimes the 256k mp3 stream works, like t-mobile can sustain that... I want to use the 32/64k AAC stream, but, streamfurious pro gives me the same error. well, no error, it buffers, then stops.

shadow.lnx
June 29th, 2011, 11:38 PM
And old post but i'm looking the same thing and i can solve using Xiialive 2.2.2 (only this version) becouse old ones ca't manage ogg.

I hope you can solve your problem.