PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Issue with online video players

TK4200
April 28th, 2010, 09:03 PM
When i got to a site such as You Tube of South Park Studios the vidio playes fine but the puse, play , fullscreen ect... Buttons dont work unless it click on them multiple times!?!
Sugrstions or solutions

I8NY
April 29th, 2010, 06:29 AM
well there is a error for adobe flash on 64bit Ubuntu that the buttons don't work at all unless you move to a beta 64bit version of flash and that doesn't do full screen. you didn't say what version of Ubuntu you were using so i say that adobe has some errors to fix with Ubuntu.

zipperback
April 29th, 2010, 06:31 AM
I had a similar problem when using the 32 bit version of the flash plug-in with my 64bit installed version of Ubuntu.

I installed the 64 bit version of the flash player, and it resolved the issue.

Perhaps you might try installing the 64bit version of the flash player and see if it helps you.

- zipperback
:popcorn:

RolandFlagg
April 29th, 2010, 07:15 AM
I have problem not just with flash, but even html5

Watching the video is ok as long as I don't go into full screen mode, then the video starts to lag and becomes unwatchable.

I've tried playing avi files with vlc player and there are absolutely no problem with the playback, fullscreen or not, nor are there any problems if I play online videos in windows. So I have a feeling its not anything to do with my graphics card. Nevertheless, here are my specs

I have intel integrated graphics card (cant remember which version)
9.04, jaunty version of ubuntu

Any suggestions would be great