PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Ubuntu killed my laptop's touchpad

X_Splinter
April 28th, 2010, 09:43 AM
Hey guys.

Look what happen, one of these days I normally restart my computer and when it boots the touch-pad was no longer, one second it was working until i turn off my ubuntu.

Guess what It doesn't even works in Windows anymore but the Windows detect it and says it in working order but neither the buttons or cursor moves.

Only my USB mouse works and even try boot with it of and on and all that it just not working.

Any idea?

I am using Karmic on a Acer Aspire 5720

anglican
April 28th, 2010, 05:32 PM
Hey guys.

Look what happen, one of these days I normally restart my computer and when it boots the touch-pad was no longer, one second it was working until i turn off my ubuntu.

Guess what It doesn't even works in Windows anymore but the Windows detect it and says it in working order but neither the buttons or cursor moves.

Only my USB mouse works and even try boot with it of and on and all that it just not working.

Any idea?

I am using Karmic on a Acer Aspire 5720

Does Fn F7 re-enable it?

H

X_Splinter
April 28th, 2010, 05:51 PM
Does Fn F7 re-enable it?

H

Oh great, I have this computer for like 2 years and I dint notice until now that there is a BIOS locking bottom which is Fn+F7.

I just feel like a dumb *** that doesn't know all the the shortcuts of his computer.

Thanks for the intel anglican.

Problem solved

anglican
April 28th, 2010, 08:31 PM
Oh great, I have this computer for like 2 years and I dint notice until now that there is a BIOS locking bottom which is Fn+F7.

I just feel like a dumb *** that doesn't know all the the shortcuts of his computer.

Thanks for the intel anglican.

Problem solved

Don't feel too bad about it... guess how I knew the answer to this one!

H

mcoleman44
April 28th, 2010, 08:34 PM
Don't feel too bad about it... guess how I knew the answer to this one!

Im guessing because it happened to you. Lol. Thats how I figured it out too.