PDA

View Full Version : Asus U30JC Boot

nokbar
April 28th, 2010, 02:06 AM
Hi,

After successfully installing 10.04 and reaching the desktop, I had to do a couple of hard shut downs due to my laptop not coming back from suspend mode. Now, when I try to boot 10.04, I pick the option in GRUB, and then the screen goes black, no backlight, until I press the power button again. Then, the boot screen comes up for two seconds until it shuts down. Only when I press the power button again does the boot screen comes up. I have tried waiting for >15 minutes. Any idea why? Or should I just suck it up and reinstall?

avilella
April 28th, 2010, 11:19 AM
Hi,

After successfully installing 10.04 and reaching the desktop, I had to do a couple of hard shut downs due to my laptop not coming back from suspend mode. Now, when I try to boot 10.04, I pick the option in GRUB, and then the screen goes black, no backlight, until I press the power button again. Then, the boot screen comes up for two seconds until it shuts down. Only when I press the power button again does the boot screen comes up. I have tried waiting for >15 minutes. Any idea why? Or should I just suck it up and reinstall?

Can you see any useful information on the var.log files after reboot?