PDA

View Full Version : laptop becomes unresponsive

nathang1392
April 28th, 2010, 01:49 AM
i have a gateway laptop. i think it is a mt6730. it is a few years old. about 2 to be precise. it was working fine, but a couple days ago i turned it on and it ran a disk check. everything seemed fine. i proceeded to login to windows. everything was all good for about 5 mins. suddenly when i click.... anything, windows just goes unresponsive. i have repeated the process for the last week. i have tired booting with wireless off, same result. i was advised to boot into safe mode, but it will get about half way through and just stop forcing me to turn it off by the power button. i was told that if it was a hardware problem it wouldnt boot at all. i dont know if this is true or not, but i have never seen anything make a computer act like this. i am basically wondering if any of you guys might know what may be causing this. i have seen live cds that offer utilites to help you fix your system when you cant boot into windows. if anyone has any ideas or advice to help me, it would be very much appreciated. my laptop is worrying me sick.

tekkidd
April 28th, 2010, 02:18 AM
Try doing a defrag in windows

Also the HDD might be going bad

nathang1392
April 28th, 2010, 02:34 AM
that is where the problem lies...................i cant be in windows for more than 5 mins before windows crashes