PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Going Back To Windows 7?

BigAnjoe
April 26th, 2010, 03:48 PM
I'm running Ubuntu 9.10 on two computers right now.
I need to change one of them back to Windows 7 because my unjailbroken iPod Touch needs updating.

I want my laptop to be the Windows 7 one.
I tried to reinstall the Windows with the same CD I previously had and it didn't work.
There was a message somewhere saying I need to change the format of my hard drive to NFTS so I can go back to Windows.

Any help?
Thanks

razy60
April 26th, 2010, 05:18 PM
if you need to reformat then you can use your ubuntu install cd(live cd) start up your laptop and select in bios to start from cd then when the live cd loads select gparted in system-administration, choose your hard drive and reformat to ntfs, remember this WILL delete all your data and settings, once you have completed this you can then load you windows 7 disc and install.
If all you need it for is the ipod and a few other progs then i would dual boot.
Once you have installed 7 then reinstall ubuntu split your hard drive to something that is acceptable so 50/50 or 70/30 you dont need to make the ubuntu partition huge if you dont want to as it can easily access the windows partition, that wy you have the best of both worlds.

hope it helps

Raz

Grenage
April 26th, 2010, 05:20 PM
Hang on, doesn't the W7 disc give you the option to format the drive?