PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Chrome Autofill

jnmjr
April 25th, 2010, 12:15 AM
I can't find a function in Chrome for filling forms when you are say, buying something, there needs to be a place where you can fill your name, address and other corresponding info so you can click autofill and it will fill all the applicable spaces, an example would be the Google Bar that you can install in FF, you have an autofill button and all you do is click and the form is filled, I still fail to see where under options in Chrome this function is available, I may be missing something or it may not be available in Chrome at this time.....BTW the autofill for browsing works fine. If anyone knows how to make this work or if there's an extension I can use please post. THX

theubersmurf
April 25th, 2010, 12:19 AM
Maybe one of their extensions? I didn't search through these for any compatible with the linux version, but here is a page of them to hunt through. link (https://chrome.google.com/extensions/search?itemlang=&q=autofill)

xumuk37
April 25th, 2010, 12:20 AM
goto Options > Personal Stuff , in the middle...

jnmjr
April 25th, 2010, 12:24 AM
goto Options > Personal Stuff , in the middle...

Yes I have that, but how would it fill forms if it doesn't give a place to input your personal info such as name, address, etc...?

xumuk37
April 25th, 2010, 12:29 AM
it starts to remember what are you writing in since you'll have it activated...

renkinjutsu
April 25th, 2010, 12:32 AM
I think the autofill feature acts on a per website basis, so you won't be able to use it to say register for a forum with it filling in every form for you..

it probably only works for pages that display the "would you like to save your password" dialogue

jnmjr
April 25th, 2010, 12:32 AM
Maybe one of their extensions? I didn't search through these for any compatible with the linux version, but here is a page of them to hunt through. link (https://chrome.google.com/extensions/search?itemlang=&q=autofill)

Thx but those exts don't do what I would need, thanks for your suggestion.

jnmjr
April 25th, 2010, 12:41 AM
I think the autofill feature acts on a per website basis, so you won't be able to use it to say register for a forum with it filling in every form for you..

it probably only works for pages that display the "would you like to save your password" dialogue

I see your point, and you are right it seems to only save passwords (which I don't do), but I wanted to find a way where I could save my personal info to speed up the buying process specifically, I'm used to autofill function on the Google bar in FF for example and it is very convenient if you do alot of web commerce. THX

jnmjr
April 25th, 2010, 12:43 AM
it starts to remember what are you writing in since you'll have it activated...

It hasn't worked that way for me. THX.

Troll_the_Great
April 25th, 2010, 12:49 AM
Yes I have that, but how would it fill forms if it doesn't give a place to input your personal info such as name, address, etc...?

In that menu, click on "Change autofill Settings" and there you will have options to add an address (name, city, etc) or a credit card. Is that what you want?

jnmjr
April 25th, 2010, 12:58 AM
In that menu, click on "Change autofill Settings" and there you will have options to add an address (name, city, etc) or a credit card. Is that what you want?

Yes exactly what I want but I don't see it under options/personal stuff/autofill, can you tell me what menu? THX.

Troll_the_Great
April 25th, 2010, 01:11 AM
Yes exactly what I want but I don't see it under options/personal stuff/autofill, can you tell me what menu? THX.

Take a look at the screenshot:

jnmjr
April 25th, 2010, 01:27 AM
Take a look at the screenshot:

I think I see from your screenshot you are using Chromium, I'm using Chrome 5.0.342.9 that may be the difference why I don't have it in the menu. THX.

Troll_the_Great
April 25th, 2010, 01:29 AM
I think I see from your screenshot you are using Chromium, I'm using Chrome 5.0.342.9 that may be the difference why I don't have it in the menu. THX.

Sorry I couldn't be more helpful, I thought that the menus are the same. Maybe give Chromium a try, I'm using it for a couple of months and I don't have any problem with it.
Cheers!

jnmjr
April 25th, 2010, 01:37 AM
Sorry I couldn't be more helpful, I thought that the menus are the same. Maybe give Chromium a try, I'm using it for a couple of months and I don't have any problem with it.
Cheers!

No problem, can you tell me where to download it from, does it work fast like Chrome, I really like the autofill function!! and it's a bit off topic but , how do you attach the screen shots? THX.

Troll_the_Great
April 25th, 2010, 11:46 AM
I installed Chromium from Synaptic. Just open it and type "chromium".
I don't know if it is as fast as Google Chrome because I didn't use Chrome, but is fast.
If you want to attach something when you type a message look in the upper part and you will see something like a paper clip (near the smiley face). Click on it, choose an image from your computer, click "upload" and you are done.
Cheers!

jnmjr
April 25th, 2010, 08:40 PM
I installed Chromium from Synaptic. Just open it and type "chromium".
I don't know if it is as fast as Google Chrome because I didn't use Chrome, but is fast.
If you want to attach something when you type a message look in the upper part and you will see something like a paper clip (near the smiley face). Click on it, choose an image from your computer, click "upload" and you are done.
Cheers!

THX for all your input, got Chromium and as far as I can tell it's like Chrome but better for me, I see the paper clip thingy, THX again.
Cheerios!

da burger
April 25th, 2010, 09:15 PM
Are you using karmic? I couldn't find chromium in the repos so I'm using a PPA. I did find chrome but that was a deb from the net that added a repo.

Troll_the_Great
April 25th, 2010, 09:42 PM
Are you using karmic? I couldn't find chromium in the repos so I'm using a PPA. I did find chrome but that was a deb from the net that added a repo.

When I installed it I added those lines in my Sources List

deb http://ppa.launchpad.net/chromium-daily/ppa/ubuntu hardy main
deb-src http://ppa.launchpad.net/chromium-daily/ppa/ubuntu hardy main

then installed from Synaptic. If you are using Karmic, I think you should replace "hardy" with "karmic" and it would work.
Cheers!

da burger
April 27th, 2010, 07:35 PM
Thanks for clarifying that. That appears to be the same PPA I'm using right now. (although as you said I'm using the karmic version).