PDA

View Full Version : No multi-user log-in

Alacrity
April 24th, 2010, 11:01 PM
Installed ubuntu 10.04RC on a 8GB usb flash. Added two more users (total of three: two admin and one desktop guest. All requiring password sign-in.

Rebooted and Ubuntu does not stop with a log-in sheet but goes all the way to a running fully booted system under the first admin.

I put a bug report in to Ubuntu (Bug #569495).

Also seems to be related to the remastersys process as well. Making a remastersys iso and then applying it to another usb via Startup Disk Creator produces a boot o/s that only ends in a custom log on page and no authentication success.

Anybody else seeing one or both of these issues?

dcstar
April 25th, 2010, 01:00 AM
Installed ubuntu 10.04RC on a 8GB usb flash. Added two more users (total of three: two admin and one desktop guest. All requiring password sign-in.

Rebooted and Ubuntu does not stop with a log-in sheet but goes all the way to a running fully booted system under the first admin.

Also seems to be related to the remastersys process as well. Making a remastersys iso and then applying it to another usb via Startup Disk Creator produces a boot o/s that only ends in a custom log on page and no authentication success.

Anybody else seeing one or both of these issues?

If "installed" means you made a Live USB device then that is exactly how it is supposed to work.

If "installed" means you did a full Ubuntu installation process onto the drive, then it shouldn't happen.

A Live USB is not a proper Ubuntu installation, it is for booting a portable device for a single user instead of using a CD.

popat007
April 25th, 2010, 01:21 AM
No need to do this

just create casper-rw (read-write) drive on USB on different partition.

Alacrity
April 25th, 2010, 03:08 AM
If "installed" means you made a Live USB device then that is exactly how it is supposed to work.

If "installed" means you did a full Ubuntu installation process onto the drive, then it shouldn't happen.

A Live USB is not a proper Ubuntu installation, it is for booting a portable device for a single user instead of using a CD.

I did a full Ubuntu 10.04 installation on to the usb flash.....so from what you say,....it should not happen. I have done this with many other previous Ubuntu versions successfully.

Alacrity
April 25th, 2010, 05:30 AM
SOLVED.

Incorrect settings on the System/Administation/Login Screen.

Now get mulitiple user log-in.