PDA

View Full Version : No "updates vailable" alert in Indicator Applet

Kirk M
April 23rd, 2010, 06:12 PM
Hi all,

I've been testing Lucid since beta 1 and overall it's been running fine with no major problems. The one thing I have noticed (besides Plymouth not working with proprietary Nvidia drivers) is that the new Indicator Applet hasn't shown that any new updates are available since day one and there's been plenty of updates since beta 1.

I'm assuming, after keeping the OS fully updated (and I did a reinstall with beta 2 when it was released), that I'm running the RC. There's been two sets of updates over the past 2 days without any indication of an (updates are available) alert in the Indicator applet.

Is the Indicator applet supposed to actually show an alert when new updates are available and if so...

Has anyone been seeing these alerts so far?

I tend to manually update myself but since I write quite a bit I find it handy when the OS notifies me that updates are available.

dino99
April 23rd, 2010, 06:19 PM
Hi all,

I've been testing Lucid since beta 1 and overall it's been running fine with no major problems. The one thing I have noticed (besides Plymouth not working with proprietary Nvidia drivers) is that the new Indicator Applet hasn't shown that any new updates are available since day one and there's been plenty of updates since beta 1.

I'm assuming, after keeping the OS fully updated (and I did a reinstall with beta 2 when it was released), that I'm running the RC. There's been two sets of updates over the past 2 days without any indication of an (updates are available) alert in the Indicator applet.

Is the Indicator applet supposed to actually show an alert when new updates are available and if so...

Has anyone been seeing these alerts so far?

I tend to manually update myself but since I write quite a bit I find it handy when the OS notifies me that updates are available.

http://www.ubuntu.com/getubuntu/releasenotes/1004

Kirk M
April 23rd, 2010, 06:27 PM
http://www.ubuntu.com/getubuntu/releasenotes/1004

Thanks Dino99 - Don't know how I missed that as i actually read these things (must be getting old?). Could be that I was running Linux Mint 8 long enough that I got used to seeing the update notification in the panel.