PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] How to Upgrade from 9.10 to 10.04 (from ISO)

zackiv31
April 23rd, 2010, 01:33 AM
I've downloaded the RC... how do i upgrade from my 9.10 install to 10.04 RC? I've mounted the ISO but don't know how to upgrade.

If that's not possible, how can I upgrade from terminal?

jaco223
April 23rd, 2010, 01:53 AM
I've downloaded the RC... how do i upgrade from my 9.10 install to 10.04 RC? I've mounted the ISO but don't know how to upgrade.

If that's not possible, how can I upgrade from terminal?

There are a couple of ways you can approach it. You can go to System>Administration>
Software Sources and add the the cd you burned, then go to System>Administration>
Update Manager. I'm thinking though when you put the cd in it should recognize you
have luicd and automatically ask you to upgrade.

Or you could upgrade from a terminal, first you'd have to update your /etc/apt/sources.list file with the repositories for lucid. I'll attach my sources.list file for you. Use Gedit or Nano to edit your file.

sudo nano /etc/apt/sources.list or
sudo gedit /etc/apt/sources.listThen you would do

sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get -f dist-upgradeThat should work for you.

Hope this helps.

Jaco

jaco223
April 23rd, 2010, 01:56 AM
Here's the sources file

zackiv31
April 23rd, 2010, 02:01 AM
I tried to use my CDROM... but I have a laptop without one... and it won't let me use a loopback device for a source... that's not cool.

zackiv31
April 23rd, 2010, 02:04 AM
On my way to updating by option #2. Thanks!

jaco223
April 23rd, 2010, 02:05 AM
I tried to use my CDROM... but I have a laptop without one... and it won't let me use a loopback device for a source... that's not cool.

Then you could always go the terminal route with the instructions and file I posted.
It's pretty painless actually.

Edit. If you have trouble opening the file I posted, just right click on the link and save as a .txt file

Hope this helps.

Jaco