PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Unable to Install Multi-Disc Game

X-Malleus
April 22nd, 2010, 11:46 PM
I came across an interesting problem. I'm trying to install The Sims 2 (which I'm aware currently does not run properly in wine anyway), using the multi-CD version. The installation goes normally, up until it comes time to switch from disc 1 to disc 2. The installer prompts me to insert disc 2, but it seems that Ubuntu still believes that the installer doesn't want me to open the drive, because, when I try to open it, it doesn't open, and a window pops up with the following message:

Unable to eject CD-RW/DVD±RW Drive
DBus error org.gtk.Private.RemoteVolumeMonitor.Failed: An operation is already pending

Anyone know if there's anything I can do about this?

762sks
April 23rd, 2010, 12:44 AM
i had a similar problem. i was using ubuntu 9.10 i think. which ever the current version is. anyways i was trying to install x plane 9 and i had to unmount the drive and then remount it with the other disk. a friend told me that the beta doesnt have this issue. hope this helps

mc4man
April 23rd, 2010, 02:37 AM
there are 2 fairly straightforward ways -
open a terminal and go

wine eject
or do like in windows ( this method allows the eject button to work, maintains proper path for subsequent disk(s)

find the name of the install/setup file and the wine drive letter for the drive the disk is in.

Ex - Setup.exe in drive D

wine D:/Setup.exe

X-Malleus
April 23rd, 2010, 06:34 PM
there are 2 fairly straightforward ways -
open a terminal and go

wine ejector do like in windows ( this method allows the eject button to work, maintains proper path for subsequent disk(s)

find the name of the install/setup file and the wine drive letter for the drive the disk is in.

Ex - Setup.exe in drive D

wine D:/Setup.exe

Thanks so much! wine eject worked perfectly.