PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] I have trouble with syncing my Motorola S305.

Tig3rzhark
April 22nd, 2010, 04:21 PM
Hey guys,

I have no trouble syncing my Motorola S305 to my Samsung Intensity. However, I would like to use these on Skype as well.

I have a bluetooth USB boondoggle adapter that I use to make the attempt. Whenever I install it, it connects, but whenever I play sound, it won't play from the headphones. I can't use the microphone feature for it either.

I could really use some help. I've been using Ubuntu for at least 2 years and I really enjoy it despite the troubles I have with it every now and then.

I'm also self-studying for the CompTIA Linux+ certification. The test is about to change at the end of the month, so I'm waiting to find out what has changed about the test.

Tig3rzhark
April 26th, 2010, 09:48 PM
I also found a posting here: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/bluez/+bug/513642

Yesterday, I tried to sync the headset while using my Asus Netbook. I had experienced a Kernel panic for the first time ever using Ubuntu. Of course, it was the Netbook Remix edition, 9.10.

The main reason I bought the Motorola S305 bluetooth headset, was to not only be able to listen to my music and answer calls on my cellphone. I also wanted to use it while using Skype.

I understand that some bluetooth headsets actually work with Ubuntu. Unfortunately, the one I have doesn't. I hope that next week when the final version of Lucid Lynx is released. "I'm looking forward to it by the way.":KS

I really need someone to find a way to make it easier for me to sync my Bluetooth device to my computer.