PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] lost "cpu scaling" panel text

SaintDanBert
April 21st, 2010, 05:44 PM
On my laptop running Jaunty, I have two copies of CPU Frequency Scaling Monitor v2.26.1 in my bottom system tray. Recently, the text vanished.

I tried a complete remove and replace on the panel without success. I tried a complete remove and replace of the package without success.
I tried to poke around in my $HOME hidden folders for some gnome panel settings files contents that apply to the scaling display... again, no success.

Normally, a panel icon appears with adjacent text. The text may be configured to show the CPU frequency in current use for the associated processor. Can someone help me get my text back?

~~~ 0;-Dan

ubunterooster
April 21st, 2010, 05:58 PM
Right-click on the cpu monitor. Choose "preferences". In the "appearance" drop-down menu choose "graphic and text". Mark this thread as "solved" if it works.

SaintDanBert
April 21st, 2010, 06:13 PM
Right-click on the cpu monitor. Choose "preferences". In the "appearance" drop-down menu choose "graphic and text". Mark this thread as "solved" if it works.

Did not help ... made things worse (my fault).

My setting was already Graphics and Text so I thought to set it to something different and set it back. I set Text only and now that monitor has vanished, too. I cannot find it by mouse fly-over along the panel. Poof! Gone!

I'll restart X11 when I have a moment and see what I get back
... if anything.

Aaarrrgggghhhh!
~~~ 0;-/ Dan