PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Reset WRT54G to Access Router Admin?

andrewt522
April 21st, 2010, 03:33 AM
I have a Linksys WRT54G2 wireless router. It works fine, but I cannot access the administration page from my browser. I am operating under the assumption that because I originally used the Windows set-up CD, and am not using Windows, I cannot access the router. Is this assumption correct?

I am tempted to reset the router, but I am afraid that I'll brick the wireless, or leave the router completely unprotected, giving the neighborhood free access to my network.

Therefore, would resetting my router allow me to access the router via my browser, or should I just leave it alone?

anewguy
April 21st, 2010, 04:17 AM
I use a Netgear router that has a little tiny push button in the back to reset it, so I assume you are talking about something similar?

On my router, reset sets it back to factory defaults - this includes wiping out any encryption and/or MAC filtering, essentially leaving me with an open network.

But it's only temporary - once you get into the router with the default admin userid and password you can then reset all of your encryption, MAC filtering, etc..

Dave ;)

andrewt522
April 21st, 2010, 01:20 PM
Thanks, Dave. That's what I needed to know!
Best,
Andy