PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Is there a way to skip entering the keyring password for wireless on login?

INH
April 19th, 2010, 09:37 PM
Well, first off I'd like to say that I am much happier with the wireless on Ubuntu 10.04 than I was on 8.10 (the last time I tried Ubuntu). However, there is a small annoyance I'd like to fix: every time I log in, I get a prompt saying that an application (the wireless network manager) is requesting the password for such-and-such keyring. I have to enter the password before I can connect to my network. Is there a way to get around this somehow so that I don't have to enter the keyring password for this keyring (the "default" keyring) every time I log in?

kerry_s
April 19th, 2010, 09:42 PM
don't put a password for the default keyring, just delete the 1 you set & do the network again this time don't put a password leave it blank.

INH
April 20th, 2010, 12:26 AM
Thanks, that seemed to work. Now, however I have lost the wireless icon that sits in the system tray. It somehow got transmuted into a second volume icon, so I removed it from the tray - now I can't get it back.

EDIT: Figured it out - I had actually removed the entire notification area.

kerry_s
April 20th, 2010, 04:55 AM
Thanks, that seemed to work. Now, however I have lost the wireless icon that sits in the system tray. It somehow got transmuted into a second volume icon, so I removed it from the tray - now I can't get it back.

EDIT: Figured it out - I had actually removed the entire notification area.

:lolflag: