PDA

View Full Version : Under 18 PeopleOnly:What is your age and what do you use Ubuntu for?

ssj6akshat
April 19th, 2010, 10:17 AM
Just curious about how many under 18 people are using Ubuntu

I am 13 and use Ubuntu for everything as it my only OS and it serves me very well.

flukeairwalker
April 19th, 2010, 10:44 AM
My son is almost four years old and he uses UNR for TuxPaint and to watch Blue's Clues and Pocoyo mainly, though he does play a few of the typing games too. He finds them on his own though he doesn't yet know how to read.

MichealH
April 19th, 2010, 11:48 AM
Me I am 13 too! I used ubuntu since I was 10 and Loving it.

AllRadioisDead
April 19th, 2010, 11:58 AM
I'm 17, been using Ubuntu since I was 15.
I don't have Ubuntu installed right now, I have Windows 7 on my desktop and Sidux on my netbook.

dsavi
April 19th, 2010, 12:57 PM
I don't want to say how old I am, but I first tried Ubuntu when I was 13, went back to Windows for a while (I couldn't really figure Ubuntu out) and switched back to Ubuntu permanently when I was about 14.

DrMelon
April 19th, 2010, 01:04 PM
17, I use it for work. I'm a huge gamer, so I dual boot with Windurhz Sehvun.

dragos240
April 19th, 2010, 02:42 PM
I am actually using another distro than ubuntu. Debian, which ubuntu is based off of. I use it for..... pretty much everything. I don't use any other operating systems other than GNU/Linux.

immoweichert
April 19th, 2010, 03:06 PM
My kids (5 and 7) have been using Ubuntu for just over a week now. It was a question of either upgrading the motherboard on their computer or to install Ubuntu as under Win XP their software was just soooo slow. So what do they use it for: They love Tux Paint, browse the web (for school related stuff, checking Nat Geographic and the Nat History Museum as well as of course games, i.e. club penguin and similar stuff, online karaoke). They are also trying out some educational software. Both are also using it to email me when I'm working away from home.