PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] I downloaded ndiswrapper so that I can try to get my trendnet tew-444ub wireless adap

IslanderSteve
April 17th, 2010, 10:54 PM
I downloaded ndiswrapper so that I can try to get my trendnet tew-444ub wireless adapter to work with my windows xp through ubuntu with a dual boot. I would appreciate any help in setting up the ndiswrapper. I am stuck where it says to put in the tar zxvf ndiswrapper-version.tar.gz command.

bkratz
April 17th, 2010, 11:30 PM
I downloaded ndiswrapper so that I can try to get my trendnet tew-444ub wireless adapter to work with my windows xp through ubuntu with a dual boot. I would appreciate any help in setting up the ndiswrapper. I am stuck where it says to put in the tar zxvf ndiswrapper-version.tar.gz command.

You do realize that ndiswrapper is available in synaptic, right? Just go to system>>administration>> Synaptic Package Manager and search for ndisgtk. It is the front end for ndiswrapper and will automatically select all the appropriate files when downloaded ( there are two others).

After download go to System>>Administration>>Windows wireless drivers and select it.

The only reason to download the .tar file is if you want to build your own version for some particular reason.

nilbus
April 29th, 2010, 06:59 PM
I didn't have to use ndiswrapper to get my TEW-624UB USB card working.

This post got it working for me:
http://ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php?p=8786509&postcount=16