PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Cricket UM185C and A600 question

elk775
April 17th, 2010, 05:02 PM
I purchased from Cricket a UM185C and love it, I was given a Cricket A600 modem and I would like to know if I copy the settings from my UM185C to the A600 so I can use both at the same time and still only have one account with Cricket?

E

Cellguru
April 18th, 2010, 12:05 AM
I purchased from Cricket a UM185C and love it, I was given a Cricket A600 modem and I would like to know if I copy the settings from my UM185C to the A600 so I can use both at the same time and still only have one account with Cricket?

E

Sorry no, the A600 won't work at all unless you have Cricket do an ESN change in their switch, in which case the UM185 will cease to function.

There are a bunch of routers available that support either of those Cricket modems, so you could still share the service if the computers are not too far away from each other. I believe almost all of the Cradlepoint routers support the new 185C, you can see them at Wirelessnwifi.com.

Depending on which one you get, you can connect 16 or more users at the same time. Probably more than your modem will comfortably support.

HTH

Treb76
December 15th, 2010, 05:33 PM
Can I share UM185C internet connection on a linksys BEFW11S4 router. If so could you explain?

My family is coming home for Christmas and I am sure they will be bringing their laptops. Last year I had roadrunner. This year I have Cricket UM185C.

Thanks!