PDA

View Full Version : Questions about a new installation in mythbuntu 10.04

axo
April 16th, 2010, 04:25 PM
I'm a newbie in this world, but i was looking for responses in the forums and mailling list archives before posting here but i didn't find anything so......

Well I'm usign mythbuntu 10.04, so mythtv .23 RC2, i have 2 capture cards, a TD-500 and a HVR-4000. I'm from Spain, so i'm trying to view dvb frecuencies from Spain. Well, my questions are:

1.- How can i check if lna_activation is on?
2.- How can i get the EPG on screen?
3.- I can't view anything with the HVR. In the DVB-S frontend, i activate the Universal LNB in the DiSeq box, and on both frontends i check "On Demand" and uncheck "Active EIT". I create an input group called HVR for both, but after this ......., the scan fails every time.... What the log says is: Device busy ......

Well i hope my english is enough good. Thanks to all here
axo

iponeverything
April 16th, 2010, 05:38 PM
I don't have a working DVB-S card yet, so I am just poking around in the dark..

Can you tell it to use a channels.conf generated from the command line like described in this post:

http://parker1.co.uk/mythtv_freesat.php

I know saw an option for using a channels.conf in mythtv-setup somewhere..

btw -- what is lna_activation?

axo
April 16th, 2010, 05:50 PM
First, the last: lna is Low Noise Activation parameter to activa the low noise amplifier in the T[D]-500 cards. It is a module parameter.

The answer is yes, i've tried to import channels.conf but no succes. I've tried to scan by itself without succes too....

:(