PDA

View Full Version : Stupid things you do in the morning

kaldor
April 16th, 2010, 03:48 PM
When you first wake up early after poor sleep or similar, you're probably going to do something stupid eventually.

Examples from me..

-Using a MacBook early in the morning for an online class. I use the MacBook for one course for a few reasons. I was constantly clicking the bottom left corner of the screen trying to minimize all windows and show the desktop like on GNOME. It took me a few seconds to realize what I was doing.

-Making tea in the morning today, I put the teabag in the cup. I then filled up the kettle to boil the water, but as soon as I filled it I dumped the cold water into my cup.

-Getting up on wrong side of the bed and bumping into the wall.

:)

madnessjack
April 16th, 2010, 03:58 PM
I literally cannot speak coherent English for the first half-hour after waking up. It's very amusing for everyone else. :)

Frogs Hair
April 16th, 2010, 04:59 PM
"LOL" Using the light switch to shut the water off !!! Iv'e tried this many times.

dwarfolo
April 16th, 2010, 05:10 PM
I come back again and again into my bedroom to check if I really (but really) snoozed the alarm clock ... fearing any minute that it isn't snoozed, and it's going to wake my poor wife :P

steev182
April 16th, 2010, 05:10 PM
Go to work...

abhibharti
April 16th, 2010, 05:15 PM
I brush my teeth and then go for the jogging. :)

iponeverything
April 16th, 2010, 05:20 PM
Twice now, I have pored my coffee directly from the pot onto the coaster instead of into a mug..

aklo
April 16th, 2010, 05:26 PM
I don't really do anything that silly but on rare occasion i pour away the water inside the electric heater/kettle (sry english not my native language) since i think i heard somewhere that boiling water for 2 times is bad.

Anyway i pour the water away without refilling and switch on the power and i heard like buzzzz after 3 secs and i quickly switch it off.

LowSky
April 16th, 2010, 05:27 PM
One time I woke up early for a trip and actually forgot to pick up my friend who was going with me.

Doctor Mike
April 16th, 2010, 05:38 PM
Putting toothpaste on my hair brush.
Trying to brush my hair with the toothbrush.
Heading out the door to take the dog out, but forgetting the dog.
Pouring the coffee into the sugar bowl.
Asking the dog to start breakfast.
Trying to leave the bedroom by opening the closet door.
Forgetting to putt cloths on before taking the dog out. (neighbors liked that one, don't wear anything when I sleep) it' ok they only giggled.

Lightstar
April 16th, 2010, 06:09 PM
Putting toothpaste on my hair brush.
Trying to brush my hair with the toothbrush.
Heading out the door to take the dog out, but forgetting the dog.
Pouring the coffee into the sugar bowl.
Asking the dog to start breakfast.
Trying to leave the bedroom by opening the closet door.
Forgetting to putt cloths on before taking the dog out. (neighbors liked that one, don't wear anything when I sleep) it' ok they only giggled.

Haha wow, maybe you should stay in bed a bit longer and take the time to wake up before doing anything :P

I don't really do anything stupid in the mornings, I have my routine. The only "mistake" I make is turning on my computer (and often checking these forums)
Yeah.. it's a mistake. I can go 45 minutes on it and feel like it has been only 5 minutes, and then I have to stress out and rush like crazy not to be late at work.

Doctor Mike
April 16th, 2010, 06:40 PM
Haha wow, maybe you should stay in bed a bit longer and take the time to wake up before doing anything :P

I don't really do anything stupid in the mornings, I have my routine. The only "mistake" I make is turning on my computer (and often checking these forums)
Yeah.. it's a mistake. I can go 45 minutes on it and feel like it has been only 5 minutes, and then I have to stress out and rush like crazy not to be late at work.I have small children so sleep isn't always an option (under five hours and you can see the results). I've taken to injecting coffee into myself as the first priority in the morning, for the health and safety of my entire household. My dog has also been watching me closely in the morning, she is a wise old friend who often keeps me out of trouble...:P

Spike-X
April 17th, 2010, 03:53 AM
Get out of bed. It's usually all downhill from there.

Serious answer - once, a long time ago, I accidentally poured orange juice on my cereal.

Jay Car
April 17th, 2010, 05:37 AM
I greatly confused my poor dog one morning by absent-mindedly pouring coffee beans in her food dish...didn't pour dog food in the coffee maker though, so that was good. My dog tried very hard to act as if she didn't really mind having coffee beans for breakfast. Dogs are such good sports.

I also poured orange juice in my coffee once...blech.

cariboo
April 17th, 2010, 06:21 AM
I have had to stop myself from putting toothpaste on my razer fairly often.

TheNerdAL
April 17th, 2010, 06:47 AM
Serious answer - once, a long time ago, I accidentally poured orange juice on my cereal.

Sounds Delicious! :lolflag:

thegreenblob
April 17th, 2010, 07:13 AM
If I wake up when it's really dark, I'll go to try to open my bedroom door, only to turn on the light like 5 minutes later and then notice that my door is locked.

Also, one time I don't know WHAT I was thinking, I woke up early one day, got out of bed and pulled down my pants, and urinated all over the floor :oops: it took me like a minute to realize I wasn't in front of the toilet in the bathroom...

Tom.Gee
April 17th, 2010, 07:23 AM
Back in college, 1980 or 81, finals. The alarm clock rang. OK - it was a hacked alarm clock. The clock mechanism of a tube-based clock radio, electrically tied directly to any loud AC device that is convenient, since I eventually get used to one fixed alarm sound and tend to learn to sleep through it. That morning, it was the shop-vac. Jolted awake from what was most likely REM sleep, I spring across the room and shut the noise. Sitting back on the edge of the bed, my heart is racing cranked on that massive jolt of adrenalin, but my mind is blank. I reason that I've got something important to do; hence the shop-vac, but I continue to draw a blank.

Adrenalin rush barely beginning to fade, I'm desperately wracking my brain for 'what to do next.' But what makes this so bizarre, is that I'm not simply trying to remember what to do next, but instead I'm trying to recall "the formula for what to do next." And it's not coming to me. And I'm growing concerned. There's a final I've gotta go to (remembered that much at least) and I can't remember how to calculate what to do next.

Then divine inspiration strikes - I'LL CHEAT! I'll just copy off of another day. I'll do those things I can see myself having done yesterday or earlier, and ... Well, somewhere between the shower, the sink, and the toilet, the fog lifted. On the way to the dresser I'm still muttering to myself words like 'Formula? What f*&^%ng formula?"

Frightens my wife, not that I can have such an episode, but that I freely and openly admit it.

rileinc
April 17th, 2010, 11:29 AM
I once almost brushed my teeth with facial wash.

Just last month, I was caught trying to put on my boxer over my jeans (i thought i was putting on socks). My roommate walked in and asked loudly "what the hell are you doing?"

koenn
April 17th, 2010, 11:41 AM
... the fog lifted. ...
Now that sounds familiar.
The most important part of my morning routine is sitting down, and have lots of coffee and a couple of cigarettes, and wait for the fog to lift. Usually takes 30-45 minutes, then things start coming back.

The tricky part is making the coffee.

Most stupid thing to do is trying to skip the routine to get 30 minutes of sleep extra. It just doesn't work that way.

zalittle
April 17th, 2010, 02:24 PM
1. Hit the bathroom (try not to fall and bust my head)
2. Boot Ubuntu
3. Make coffee
4.Fix cereal for my 4 and 5 year old
5. Bust my butt (havent had coffee yet)

Khakilang
April 17th, 2010, 03:12 PM
Go to Facebook and play Cafe World. Check to see if all the dish were ready to serve and I forget to eat my breakfast.

c00lwaterz
April 17th, 2010, 03:16 PM
go to comfort room and urinate hahahahaha

kaldor
April 19th, 2010, 01:07 PM
-Dropped the actual container of fish food into the aquarium.

-Topple over and bruising arm while putting on pants

-Today I was 6 minutes late for an online class because it's Monday and I just sat staring at my computer for 6 minutes waiting for it to just pop up for me.

-Dropped a teabag into cup of coffee