PDA

View Full Version : 10.04 party at the Dublin library

lyceum
April 15th, 2010, 03:08 PM
First off, I want to make it clear that this is still tentative.

Now that that's out of the way...

Ubuntu Stop (tentatively) reserved a room at the Dublin Library that seats 50 and has a projector so we can have an install party. The details may change, but I wanted to be sure to give people time to try to make it out. We will have some disks ready, but feel free to bring your own. Bring your laptop, we can hook up to the big screen and install the new OS. If you run into issues, there will be people there to help.

If anyone from the LoCo group wants to come with official disks and maybe some swag to pass out, that would be cool too ;)

Either way there should be a door prize. Come, have fun, geek out. It's all good. If there are changes, I'll post them here and on the Ubuntu Stop meet up group.

:guitar:

-EDIT- We got to the Dublin location too late, and are now trying to get a room at the Gahanna library. The room may not have a projector, but will hold 70 people. That should give lots of room to work.

lyceum
April 15th, 2010, 07:32 PM
It is now official (that did not take as long as I thought it would!). Here's a link to sign up:

http://www.meetup.com/Ubuntu-Stop/calendar/13192844/?from=list&offset=0

Please let people know. The room holds 70 people, so we should have room :)

Date: May 1, 2010
Time: 4:30 to 6:30

Food: Yes (likely pizza)
Door prize: Yes