PDA

View Full Version : If you were a moderator.....

dragos240
April 15th, 2010, 02:34 AM
What would you do..... and why?

Me? Hmm...... *Imagines fate of the UF if I were a mod with evil laughter in the background*. I'd rather not think about me as a moderator.

NightwishFan
April 15th, 2010, 02:49 AM
I would quickly not be a moderator due to the fact I am corrupted by ultimate power. I would wield my ban hammer with much efficiency. :)

No, but I would try to be a fair one. I am sure they look for candidates who are honest and respectful and like to contribute. Congrats and much kudos to those that are, and are willing to make this community great.

undecim
April 15th, 2010, 03:30 AM
Make the thread titles people post in the support forums more descriptive (or at least add tags)

chris200x9
April 15th, 2010, 03:36 AM
I would probably edit everyone's posts to mention my forum (in my sig) or in other words spam the board because I am a troll :P

Old_Grey_Wolf
April 15th, 2010, 04:13 AM
I would quit from frustration. I would feel overwhelmed; because, I don't have the time to monitor the threads posted in the Ubuntu Forums. I would feel inadequate; because, I can't solve everyone's problems. :P

fatality_uk
April 15th, 2010, 11:17 AM
Initiate a finger-tip electrode control system. Each forum member would have to attach an electrode to a finger while posting and mods have a "SHoCk user Button".

Ohhh the possibilities...

Directive 4
April 15th, 2010, 11:35 AM
i'd find the most ontopic post i could,

and jail it for being offtopic.

oh wait...

Tristam Green
April 15th, 2010, 12:07 PM
I'd ban every single person who speculated on what he or she would do if he or she were a moderator.

Oh sna-

NovaAesa
April 15th, 2010, 12:13 PM
I'm a moderator on a site with only about 30 really active members, and it can be a hard task sometimes. I would hate having to be a mod here, sooo much work. The mods here do an excellent job!

Bachstelze
April 15th, 2010, 12:17 PM
I would troll people and then infract them when they respond.

Oh, wait...

m4tic
April 15th, 2010, 12:31 PM
I would provide thread insurance

dragos240
April 15th, 2010, 12:33 PM

Oh, wait...

Why aren't you a mod anymore?

NightwishFan
April 15th, 2010, 12:33 PM
Wow great idea, corrupt Ubuntu forums mods show blatant disregard to CoC. I would make a story on this. :)

(Dirty money flowing everywhere, rampant trolls tear apart forums with clubs)

philinux
April 15th, 2010, 12:35 PM
Initiate a finger-tip electrode control system. Each forum member would have to attach an electrode to a finger while posting and mods have a "SHoCk user Button".

Ohhh the possibilities...

I'll raise it with the forum council ;)

Grenage
April 15th, 2010, 12:35 PM
I would probably correct peoples' grammar.

Tristam Green
April 15th, 2010, 12:42 PM
Why aren't you a mod anymore?

He hasn't been a staff member for almost a year. Keep up.

I would probably correct peoples' grammar.

You already do that :confused:

Grenage
April 15th, 2010, 12:44 PM
You already do that :confused:

I'd do it for them. ;)

User Name 6
April 15th, 2010, 12:52 PM
Why on earth would I do that? Unpaid, often unpopular as many authority figures are?

Ok on the crazy basis that I actually chose to be a moderator, I'd start by trying very hard to be impartial and fair, and not cater to forum suck ups or the whistle blowers who use the report function either to get others banned or on a flimsy premise and at the drop of a hat, and I'd also not take any criticism of mistakes I make as a personal affront to my character. Nor would I use the same approach I use in debating contentious or more philosophical subjects as I did in my approach to user issues.

I'd also not pretend my modhood made me somehow better than the user base, nor would I patronise people or get annoyed at valid criticism. Nor start following around people who annoyed me, by questioning my actions a few times, like some hopeless buffoon trying to make a self fulfilling prophecy come true.

I would also not assume that people who get angry about inequities are best served by mocking them and becoming more patronising, regardless of the vituperation of their complaints, within reason. Nor would I assume that my lack of a temper is somehow a reason to mock those who have more life or passion. I'd understand that everyone is different and not everyone is as calm and collected on some issues, and has hot button subjects or attributes they notice about others that drive them up the wall, or who are at the other end of the spectrum dull and lifeless. :D

Above all I'd try and be actually impartial, especially avoiding arbitrating too closely or getting too involved with things that I personally have done, because I might not be all that impartial; own up with integrity if I make a mistake and not assume that I am practically perfect or unable to make mistakes or x, despite what those forum sycophants tell me. And above all listen to criticism and try and learn from it, from both other moderators and users.

The above would probably make me almost unique.

Of course I am neither unwise enough nor that hungry for e power, to make the mistake of wanting to be a moderator. So you're welcome to it guys. :D

Tristam Green
April 15th, 2010, 01:04 PM
Just as an aside, I am a moderator on a different yet fairly-popular-in-its-own-right forum. It's not all that it's cracked up to be.

NightwishFan
April 15th, 2010, 01:05 PM
I agree. I would not like the responsibility myself. I am quite happy helping users in my own casual way.

RiceMonster
April 15th, 2010, 01:10 PM
I would ban anyone who doesn't agree with the premise of the thread in my signature.

Joeb454
April 15th, 2010, 01:11 PM
I would quit from frustration. I would feel overwhelmed; because, I don't have the time to monitor the threads posted in the Ubuntu Forums. I would feel inadequate; because, I can't solve everyone's problems. :P

We don't actively monitor all the threads. Mainly, we just use the forum as we did before we were mods - which generally provides coverage for a lot of the forum. After that though, we rely on people reporting posts to bring our attention to things.

As to whether the reports are acted on is a different matter. If ever anybody is unsure, it's always discussed :)

Anyway - if I were a mod, I'd jail posts and issue infractions when I got bored... :twisted:

MichealH
April 15th, 2010, 01:50 PM
Move threads that are not for that category and I would issue infractions on any post of offence and Immediately sort out alot more things- especially mod the cafe. I would lock threads like this which is more like hinting to others.

chucky chuckaluck
April 15th, 2010, 01:50 PM
were i a moderator, i'd follow the administrative model once set by pope john the 23rd.

young priest: pope john! pope john! our lord and saviour is back on earth!

pope john: uh.... look busy.

pwnst*r
April 15th, 2010, 02:02 PM
I'd rather not think about me as a moderator.

Good call.

dragos240
April 15th, 2010, 02:02 PM
He hasn't been a staff member for almost a year. Keep up.

I don't know, I saw him a few months ago, and he was a mod.

A few months =! Almost a year

koenn
April 15th, 2010, 06:39 PM

Oh, wait...
:)

NightwishFan
April 15th, 2010, 06:41 PM
If I were a moderator from Illinois... I would definitely annoy.
If I were a moderator from Ohio.. I would ban people and then say goodbye-o

lisati
April 15th, 2010, 06:46 PM
I'd probably infract and possibly ban everyone who participates in threads like this one.

Oh wait..... what were we talking about again?

pricetech
April 15th, 2010, 06:48 PM
I would force someone, anyone, to explain to me why "ricemonster is the coolest person in ever".

dragos240
April 15th, 2010, 06:52 PM
I would force someone, anyone, to explain to me why "ricemonster is the coolest person in ever".

Because he is. Enough said.

Tristam Green
April 15th, 2010, 07:41 PM
I'd probably infract and possibly ban everyone who participates in threads like this one.

Oh wait..... what were we talking about again?

abuse!

Phrea
April 15th, 2010, 07:45 PM
On these forums?
I'd run away screaming.

Elfy
April 15th, 2010, 07:49 PM
abuse!

I'd teach new mods to abuse ...

KiwiNZ
April 15th, 2010, 07:54 PM
If I were a Moderator ...

I'd build a big tall house with rooms by the dozen,
Right in the middle of the town.
A fine tin roof with real wooden floors below.
There would be one long staircase just going up,
And one even longer coming down,
And one more leading nowhere, just for show.

There would be one imac in the longe and one the larder
a macbook in the loo
an ipad in the kitchen and the porch.

Phrea
April 15th, 2010, 08:00 PM

a macbook in the loo

:lolflag:

alexfish
April 15th, 2010, 08:17 PM

a macbook in the loo

So why the need for rooms by the dozen

Ps you must spend to much time in the loo with that mac thing

KiwiNZ
April 15th, 2010, 08:23 PM
So why the need for rooms by the dozen

Ps you must spend to much time in the loo with that mac thing

The rooms are for all the computers

And being a moderator gives you the .............. hence the loo macs:P

Frak
April 15th, 2010, 10:06 PM

Oh, wait...
Ohhhhh...... I C WUT U DID THAR

forrestcupp
April 15th, 2010, 10:07 PM
If I were a moderator, (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBHZFYpQ6nc)
Ya ha deedle deedle, bubba bubba deedle deedle dum.
All day long I'd biddy biddy bum.
If I were a forum staffer,
I wouldn't have to work hard.
Ya ha deedle deedle, bubba bubba deedle deedle dum.
If I were a biddy biddy modda,
Yidle-diddle-didle-didle rator.

Had to carry it on Kiwi. :)

Giant Speck
April 15th, 2010, 11:32 PM
1. Clean up the forum theme, and update it to match the new Ubuntu branding (something I assume is already in the process). I'd try to find a way to make multiple color schemes based on the various Ubuntu derivatives, such as a blue theme for Kubuntu users, a gray theme for Xubuntu users, and green for Mint users.

2. Move the "Forum Feedback & Help" forum link to the "Forum Help" link at the very top of the home page.

3. Move the "Forum Archive" forum link to the top of the home page, to the right of "Forum Council" and make it a drop down, since it has child forums ("Absolute Beginner" and "Main Support Categories.")

4. Make the "Absolute Beginner", "General Help", and "Community Cafe" links bigger and easier to spot.

5. Create a "Forum Elders" usergroup, an invite-only usergroup consisting of those users which the moderators and administrators feel are the most helpful and knowledgeable forum members.

6. Eliminate the "post count != bean count" policy, or at least implement a way for users to see their actual post count in their profiles or user control panels.

7. Implement a "Forum suggestion" system, separate from "Forum Feedback & Help", through which users can suggest changes to the forums.

And if I were truly evil:

8. Get rid of "Community Cafe Games" and bring back the "Other OS" section.

KiwiNZ
April 16th, 2010, 12:22 AM
1. Clean up the forum theme, and update it to match the new Ubuntu branding (something I assume is already in the process). I'd try to find a way to make multiple color schemes based on the various Ubuntu derivatives, such as a blue theme for Kubuntu users, a gray theme for Xubuntu users, and green for Mint users.

2. Move the "Forum Feedback & Help" forum link to the "Forum Help" link at the very top of the home page.

3. Move the "Forum Archive" forum link to the top of the home page, to the right of "Forum Council" and make it a drop down, since it has child forums ("Absolute Beginner" and "Main Support Categories.")

4. Make the "Absolute Beginner", "General Help", and "Community Cafe" links bigger and easier to spot.

5. Create a "Forum Elders" usergroup, an invite-only usergroup consisting of those users which the moderators and administrators feel are the most helpful and knowledgeable forum members.

6. Eliminate the "post count != bean count" policy, or at least implement a way for users to see their actual post count in their profiles or user control panels.

7. Implement a "Forum suggestion" system, separate from "Forum Feedback & Help", through which users can suggest changes to the forums.

And if I were truly evil:

1. W.I.P

2. Has merit

3.Never thought of that

4. Good point

5.Would like to know more about that idea :)

6. Has merit

7. Has merit

8. Supported( by KiwiNZ personally )

Giant Speck
April 16th, 2010, 12:44 AM
5.Would like to know more about that idea :)

Forum Elders Usergroup Suggestion
by Giant Speck

1. The Forum Elders usergroup would consist of members which are held in the highest regard of the Administrators and Moderators of Ubuntu Forums.

2. There would need to be a list of criteria for consideration when nominating and selecting those users that would be included in the usergroup. A list of criteria for consideration could include the following, for example: post count, join date, number and severity of past infractions, apparent level of helpfulness, and apparent level of knowledge. Exceptions to certain criteria can be made, if necessary. Technical experience wouldn't necessarily be a requirement; users could be added to the usergroup simply based on their conduct within the forums.

3. A user can be nominated by any existing Forum Elder to be added to the usergroup, and confirmation would be in the form of a vote taken by either the Forum Elder group or the Administrators and Moderators. Once a confirmation vote has taken place, an invite would be sent to the user.

4. The Forum Elder usergroup would have its own private forum, as I assume the Administrators and Moderators do, and could have its own place in the Forum Council as a sort of "sub-council." It may also be possible for Forum Elders to "govern" specific forums as a sort of sub-moderator. They could be given just enough moderation privileges to keep peace and harmony within the smaller subforums in the absence of higher moderation staff and not enough to step on the toes of regular moderation practices.

user1397
April 16th, 2010, 12:51 AM
I would wield the ultimate power.........to ban myself!!!! :guitar:

NightwishFan
April 16th, 2010, 12:55 AM
Ubuntuman, moderators cannot be banned. :)

@ Giant Speck, that is a nice idea, sort of like forum leaders who get a nice reward for contribution. Reminiscent of the thanks feature.

-grubby
April 16th, 2010, 12:58 AM
I would wield the ultimate power.........to ban myself!!!! :guitar:

I don't think it's possible to ban yourself in vBulletin. Maybe you could do an IP ban, though I think only admins can do that.

:guitar:

Warpnow
April 16th, 2010, 02:28 AM
I'd stop closing threads because they discuss without advocating one particular not-really-illegal-in-a-criminal-way act, yet we could likely discuss murder, theft, rape, ect, in the same objective way and it wouldn't be a problem.

steveneddy
April 16th, 2010, 02:56 AM
What would you do..... and why?

Me? Hmm...... *Imagines fate of the UF if I were a mod with evil laughter in the background*. I'd rather not think about me as a moderator.

I'd ban dragos240 and any other handle he cares to create.

Other than that - nothing.

/jk

KiwiNZ
April 16th, 2010, 02:59 AM
Forum Elders Usergroup Suggestion
by Giant Speck

1. The Forum Elders usergroup would consist of members which are held in the highest regard of the Administrators and Moderators of Ubuntu Forums.

2. There would need to be a list of criteria for consideration when nominating and selecting those users that would be included in the usergroup. A list of criteria for consideration could include the following, for example: post count, join date, number and severity of past infractions, apparent level of helpfulness, and apparent level of knowledge. Exceptions to certain criteria can be made, if necessary. Technical experience wouldn't necessarily be a requirement; users could be added to the usergroup simply based on their conduct within the forums.

3. A user can be nominated by any existing Forum Elder to be added to the usergroup, and confirmation would be in the form of a vote taken by either the Forum Elder group or the Administrators and Moderators. Once a confirmation vote has taken place, an invite would be sent to the user.

4. The Forum Elder usergroup would have its own private forum, as I assume the Administrators and Moderators do, and could have its own place in the Forum Council as a sort of "sub-council." It may also be possible for Forum Elders to "govern" specific forums as a sort of sub-moderator. They could be given just enough moderation privileges to keep peace and harmony within the smaller subforums in the absence of higher moderation staff and not enough to step on the toes of regular moderation practices.

I would like to see some other staff feed back on this idea , As I like it .

Maybe it could be tabled for the next Forum Council meeting

red_Marvin
April 16th, 2010, 03:21 AM
Remove obvious spam etc... and then spend the rest of the time making bad mod power puns...

Forum moderators:
We do what me must
Because we can.

For the good of all of us.
Except the ones who are banned.

Dayofswords
April 16th, 2010, 03:24 AM
i'm a mod on 2 forums, 2 games and an admin for another forum

i'm a bit used to the power and have yet to abuse it

NightwishFan
April 16th, 2010, 03:50 AM
Perhaps the elders idea deserves its own discussion, though my 2cents will not be worth much I am assuming, I will help as I can.

sudoer541
April 16th, 2010, 04:16 AM
I would be rebellious against the other mods and the admins.
I would take over the site and charge people money to register, read and post on this site.
I would write a contract/rule that states:

You must pay a monthly fee in order to read and post in ubuntu forums.
If you are already a member, you will be locked in a three year contract and pay a monthly fee. This applies to new members as well. You cant get away from me!!!! I will have your email, MAC address, country of origin, IP address, your blog and other info. :evil:

Lets talk some business, shall we?

Here it goes

fees:

Registration fee: $20
Read/post fee: $ 25
Keeping your account active fee: $15
Your monthly membership fee: $5
Processing fee: $1
Get $25 OFF when you refer a friend!!!

calculations
20+25+15+5+1= $66 (-$25 for refering a friend = $41)

Thank you for your interest in Ubuntu forums (acquired by Sudoer541:evil:) Please make yourself like home (some conditions and restrictions apply)

It feels good taking advantage of power doesn't it?

Fees may change without notice!

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

uuuuuummmmmm HI!!! modzzzz I love you!!!:)):P

Perfect Storm
April 16th, 2010, 06:21 AM

I'm positive. Maybe start it as an experiment (a test period) and see how well it works, then see if any (minor) changes is needed.

oh, and also +1 for changing cafe games for other OS talk.

Naiki Muliaina
April 16th, 2010, 08:44 AM
I hate it when people just post a post with '+1' in it so im just going to put some text into this post then...

+1

Didnt post there a huge amount but by far the sub forum i browsed the most. Never got the community games sub forum staying and Other OS goin ^^

forrestcupp
April 16th, 2010, 03:27 PM

Great idea, but I'm sure "Other OS" takes up much, much more space than "Community Cafe Games". There were a lot of subforums in Other OS.

But, do it anyway. :)

Slorg
April 16th, 2010, 03:42 PM
I'd ban all other moderators (and adminstrators if possible) and take control of the forum myself.
Then I'd remove all negative comments about ubuntu... Then I'd remove all questions asked and problems reported on the forum. Just to make the statitics better.
When everybody with problems is banned, I'll troll all Apple and Microsoft fora telling people how my members haven't got any problems :mrgreen:

Just kidding, I'm one of the moderators on the Dutch Ubuntu forum by the way :)
(I'm not active on the english forum, I just hopped by because I was bored)

user1397
April 16th, 2010, 08:52 PM
Great idea, but I'm sure "Other OS" takes up much, much more space than "Community Cafe Games". There were a lot of subforums in Other OS.

But, do it anyway. :)I would just remove both cafe games and other os subforums, as they take up too much server bandwith, and there's already an ostalk forums, and seriously if you have to resort to playing a cafe game you should prolly go outside (ok I have to confess I have played some cafe games before, and ill admit i was at low points in my life :))

the community cafe is sufficient enough

undecim
April 17th, 2010, 12:10 AM
Remove obvious spam etc... and then spend the rest of the time making bad mod power puns...

Forum moderators:
We do what me must
Because we can.

For the good of all of us.
Except the ones who are banned.

But there's no sense crying over every infraction
You just keep on trying to you run out of actions

And the spammers are dead
And you have a clean thread
For the people who are still active

sudoer541
April 17th, 2010, 12:52 AM
what kind of spam do are you guys talking about? can you show me a screenshot?

overdrank
April 17th, 2010, 12:56 AM

Giant Speck
April 17th, 2010, 01:51 AM

<3

sudoer541
April 17th, 2010, 02:46 AM

ooops my secret is revealed... [panicking] OMG!!! he trapped me, what should I do? [panicking] ... Hiiiiiiiii!!!!! ):Pmodzzz I love you!!!!!!!!!!!!:)

BTW I heard you can make the spammer to stop sending you junk if you reply/ send him email 100 times. is that true btw???

edit:

from the screenshot above...you've got 2 e-mails!!!

red_Marvin
April 17th, 2010, 03:22 AM

I meant spam as in advertisments, not spam as in I don't like that user, that kind of threads do pop up every now and then, but the mods are pretty fast in taking them away.

I would also grant undecim mod powers for awesomness.

sudoer541
April 17th, 2010, 03:33 AM
I meant spam as in advertisments, not spam as in I don't like that user, that kind of threads do pop up every now and then, but the mods are pretty fast in taking them away.

I would also grant undecim mod powers for awesomness.

this site has ads? I just disabled adblock plus but no ads here.

Frak
April 17th, 2010, 06:25 AM
this site has ads? I just disabled adblock plus but no ads here.
You have to be logged out.

MichealH
April 17th, 2010, 11:21 AM
Just logged out... nope not even on Page 1

red_Marvin
April 17th, 2010, 02:16 PM
I mean spambots!
Every now and then a new user is created and posts a single or 2-3 threads with the sole purpose of advertizing some product. It is not often though, maybe the registration process has changed since earlier.

Elfy
April 17th, 2010, 04:28 PM

I'm positive. Maybe start it as an experiment (a test period) and see how well it works, then see if any (minor) changes is needed.

oh, and also +1 for changing cafe games for other OS talk.

Seems like a fairly good idea to me too - I'd give it a preliminary +1

Doctor Mike
April 17th, 2010, 05:23 PM
I would advocate that funding be sought to pay mods, so they would not have to ask themselves why the heck they're doing it in the first place. OK, new mods would have to be volunteer only during a probationary period to ensure they were not power hungry.

Pay based on activity level and experience, i.e., per post and or corrective measure.
Bonus for top mod.

[on topic] Would not, should not, could not become a mod. No wish to go running and screaming into that good night again...:(...:P

User Name 6
April 19th, 2010, 09:01 AM
If anyone wants to direct comments at me please use pm, thanks, I can't reply to general comments as I don't have 60 posts.

Thanks. Carry on.

lisati
April 19th, 2010, 09:06 AM
BTW I heard you can make the spammer to stop sending you junk if you reply/ send him email 100 times. is that true btw???

Depends on the spambot's settings. Not replying at all and optionally reporting to services such as Spamcop (http://spamcop.net) is often more effective.

NightwishFan
April 19th, 2010, 09:06 AM
Breaks into song:

If I were a moderator, I would make the forums greater. Ban the trouble makers with a hammer the size of Acre.

There would be no reason and no rhyme, certainly better than mine.

I could post in the Cafe, but there would be no way, that I would post in community games!

If I were a moderator I would ban anyone that invents random rhymes!
*THIS USER HAS BEEN SELF-BANNED*

ibuclaw
April 19th, 2010, 11:56 AM
Breaks into song:

If I were a moderator I would ban anyone that invents random rhymes!
*THIS USER HAS BEEN SELF-BANNED*

Ban awful rhymes?

Now there I disagree!
You see,
For it will detriment
The fun I consent
From posts I send to show
The reasons why I mark threads 'closed'

t0p
April 19th, 2010, 01:25 PM
I'd stop closing threads because they discuss without advocating one particular not-really-illegal-in-a-criminal-way act, yet we could likely discuss murder, theft, rape, ect, in the same objective way and it wouldn't be a problem.

Absolutely. If the site allows members to post on "hacking"-related topics, that does not mean the site advocates the use of such techniques. I can see that a tutorial on "how to crack the security on such-and-such banking website" would be problematic, but a generalized discussion on how to do such things would be an educational/informative discussion, not part of a conspiracy to commit a crime.

Some sites carry a disclaimer saying that forum posts belong to their posters and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of the site's owner. This seems to be sufficient to ward off potential legal action. As long as the site doesn't carry links to warez or music/video files, I can't see the problem. Sometimes this site takes its "be careful" policy to extremes. The site owner/admins/mods need to take a chill pill!

kellemes
April 19th, 2010, 01:40 PM
Sometimes this site takes its "be careful" policy to extremes. The site owner/admins/mods need to take a chill pill!

It seems most of the 1 million + members don't have a problem with it.. including myself.
You may even wonder why so many people come at this forum to begin with.. there are a lot of other places to get Linux/Ubuntu support and still they come here.
This is one of the best moderated forums I know of..

t0p
April 19th, 2010, 01:44 PM
It seems most of the 1 million + members don't have a problem with it.. including myself.
You may even wonder why so many people come at this forum to begin with.. there are a lot of other places to get Linux/Ubuntu support and still they come here.

You're confusing silence with satisfaction.

In any case, that doesn't make it right.

I come here because these forums are the best place I know of for Ubuntu-related tech support, and because the community is pretty cool. I imagine many other users come here for the same/similar reasons. But just because the site is good, doesn't mean it is perfect. There is room for improvement, and not just on the issues I have mentioned.

Quit being so defensive kellemes! No one's attacking you or the site.

dragos240
April 19th, 2010, 01:44 PM
If I were a moderator, I would ban myself for a day, just because I can. Sometime, I would like to be banned for 5 minutes, I just would.

Tristam Green
April 19th, 2010, 02:36 PM
The site owner/admins/mods need to take a chill pill!

No one's attacking you or the site.

o, rly, etc?

koenn
April 19th, 2010, 05:04 PM
If I were a moderator, I would ban myself for a day, just because I can. Sometime, I would like to be banned for 5 minutes, I just would.
If I were a moderator, I'd ban you until you do better in school.

dragos240
April 19th, 2010, 05:13 PM
If I were a moderator, I'd ban you until you do better in school.

As of this moment my grades are fine. New quarter.

pricetech
April 19th, 2010, 05:29 PM
If I were a moderator, I would moderate.

RiceMonster
April 19th, 2010, 05:58 PM
As of this moment my grades are fine. New quarter.

As in your marks are good because there hasn't been anything to mark yet?

Tristam Green
April 19th, 2010, 06:12 PM
100% of 0 is 100%, am I right?

dragos240
April 19th, 2010, 07:59 PM
As in your marks are good because there hasn't been anything to mark yet?

Actually, I've gotten about 15 assignments so far. It's been a few weeks after all.

Crunchy the Headcrab
April 19th, 2010, 08:06 PM
If I were a moderator...then I would moderate things.

Perfect Storm
April 19th, 2010, 08:19 PM
If I were a moderator...then I would moderate things.

http://mandrivausers.org/public/style_emoticons/default/drum.gif

ibuclaw
April 20th, 2010, 11:55 AM
http://mandrivausers.org/public/style_emoticons/default/drum.gif

http://www.millan.net/minimations/smileys/spinquisition.gif

d3v1150m471c
April 20th, 2010, 11:59 AM
I would give myself a fancy .gif avatar and then ban random people to keep my quota in check.

Ms_Angel_D
April 20th, 2010, 12:46 PM
I would wonder where that round of free drinks was I was promised....oh wait.....:popcorn:

red_Marvin
April 20th, 2010, 02:42 PM
Adding to my previous list, I would remove the graphic smilies that disrupt text flow because of size or animation.
I'm wary of the responses this post will get though.

Tristam Green
April 20th, 2010, 03:23 PM
Adding to my previous list, I would remove the graphic smilies that disrupt text flow because of size or animation.
I'm wary of the responses this post will get though.

:lolflag::guitar::popcorn:=D>):P](*,)\\:D/:-({|=

schauerlich
April 20th, 2010, 05:40 PM
:lolflag::guitar::popcorn:=D>):P](*,)\\:D/:-({|=

You is trollin'

BslBryan
April 20th, 2010, 05:46 PM
If I were a moderator I would let the LoCo mods change their user titles. :-) Why should global mods (And Ubuntu Members. And people with over 3500 posts.) have all the fun?

Tristam Green
April 20th, 2010, 06:21 PM
You is trollin'

second time i've been accused of such this week. i'm clearly losing my edge.

MichealH
April 20th, 2010, 07:18 PM
If I were a moderator I would let the LoCo mods change their user titles. :-) Why should global mods (And Ubuntu Members. And people with over 3500 posts.) have all the fun?

Thats a good... oh wait Im not any of those! :(

Captain Smiley Pants
April 20th, 2010, 08:17 PM
If I were mod I'd ban anyone who made any sort of reference to xkcd, pictures, text, or otherwise. Perma ban for actually posting the comics. Would promote anyone who posts Goatkcd to mod status. (That reference is NSFW for those about to Google it)

Tristam Green
April 20th, 2010, 08:46 PM
If I were mod I'd ban anyone who made any sort of reference to xkcd, pictures, text, or otherwise. Perma ban for actually posting the comics. Would promote anyone who posts Goatkcd to mod status. (That reference is NSFW for those about to Google it)

sudo make me a sandwich.

dragos240
April 20th, 2010, 09:32 PM
Wow. 99 posts already.

dragos240
April 20th, 2010, 09:33 PM
If I was a mod. I would gain the ability to use a BANHAMMER!
EDIT: 100th post. Yippee!

Perfect Storm
April 20th, 2010, 09:40 PM
If I was a mod. I would gain the ability to use a BANHAMMER!
EDIT: 100th post. Yippee!

This one? Forged by UG on the first day and hardened by twenty mods chanting the CoC for a month:

The almighty Banhammer (+15 infraction damage), double damage against trolls.

dragos240
April 20th, 2010, 09:44 PM
This one? Forged by UG on the first day and hardened by twenty mods chanting the CoC for a month:

The almighty Banhammer (+15 infraction damage), double damage against trolls.

Ha! Well, on my own forum (self hosted, and now gone), I used to own a ban hammer. I only used it 4 times, since no activation was needed to open an account, spambots moved in. Not too many though.

jpeddicord
April 21st, 2010, 04:16 PM

That's a good point, and worth bringing up at the next FC meeting.

cprofitt
April 21st, 2010, 05:46 PM
If I were a mod I would pick at one and lick the other, walk in circles, and drop dead. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dVGINIsLnqU)

I have been a mod on both a politics and sports related forum... this place is rather tame in comparison, but the job of being a moderator is a difficult one.

So I would likely walk softly but carry a big stick.

:-)

Two references for everyone.

BslBryan
April 21st, 2010, 06:23 PM
That's a good point, and worth bringing up at the next FC meeting.

You think so? I could list it as a topic of discussion if you don't think it would be a waste of time.