PDA

View Full Version : play dvd image from harddrive

itlarson
April 14th, 2010, 05:46 PM
Is there an easy way to play a dvd which has been ripped to the harddrive with dvdbackup? I always just do "dvdbackup -M" which just decrypts the dvd, and mirrors it's file structure to the harddrive. Vlc has a feature to play such an image, but I prefer to watch the movies using mythtv. It does a better job of upconverting, and has an interface more suited to a livingroom setup. I am hoping that ripping will help myth play some disks which it normaly can't, but which vlc can.

tgm4883
April 14th, 2010, 07:09 PM
Is there an easy way to play a dvd which has been ripped to the harddrive with dvdbackup? I always just do "dvdbackup -M" which just decrypts the dvd, and mirrors it's file structure to the harddrive. Vlc has a feature to play such an image, but I prefer to watch the movies using mythtv. It does a better job of upconverting, and has an interface more suited to a livingroom setup. I am hoping that ripping will help myth play some disks which it normaly can't, but which vlc can.

Install MythVideo

itlarson
April 15th, 2010, 08:46 PM
Is there documentation on this pluggin somewhere? The few times I've looked at it it looked confusing. I also thought it used a different backend player.

tgm4883
April 15th, 2010, 09:02 PM
Is there documentation on this pluggin somewhere? The few times I've looked at it it looked confusing. I also thought it used a different backend player.

http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/MythVideo

By default it uses the internal player, but it can be configured to use an external player such as xine or vlc

itlarson
April 16th, 2010, 05:15 PM
Thanks. I've been looking for for documentation like this.