PDA

View Full Version : Sellers of Desktop with no OS in Ireland?

Rytron
April 14th, 2010, 05:17 PM
Hi.
I got my current Desktop PC from komplett.ie almost 3 years ago. Does anyone know of another place that sells just a Desktop (no screen, keyboard, etc) without an OS within the Republic of Ireland?
Thanks.

mick222
April 14th, 2010, 05:22 PM
sometimes small independent stores will sell computers without os. I usually have built my own ,it's not hard and very satisfying when everything works.

Rytron
April 15th, 2010, 10:24 AM
sometimes small independent stores will sell computers without os. I usually have built my own ,it's not hard and very satisfying when everything works.

Thank you mick222.

airurando
April 18th, 2010, 08:47 PM
I think elara.ie offer a build service. Just checked the website now but unfortunately the PC configurator utility is listed as being down for maintenance. If memory serves you can design (with their help in terms of ccomponent compatability) your own machine and have them build it for you for a small charge or you can choose to buy the components and build it yourself. I believe choosing an OS was optional. Hope my memory is accurate and if so I hope this information helps.

Rytron
April 19th, 2010, 09:59 AM
I think elara.ie offer a build service. Just checked the website now but unfortunately the PC configurator utility is listed as being down for maintenance. If memory serves you can design (with their help in terms of ccomponent compatability) your own machine and have them build it for you for a small charge or you can choose to buy the components and build it yourself. I believe choosing an OS was optional. Hope my memory is accurate and if so I hope this information helps.

Excellent. Thank you airurando. I will check them out.