PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Fixed One Problem, And Created Another-Question ?

Otis Spunkmiyer
April 13th, 2010, 10:46 PM
Hello Everyone,

When I installed Ubuntu NBR a week ago my WiFi was in and out. Then I was pointed to installing the 'back-port-modules-karmic and that solved the problem. In fact I have never had better connection, even when I ran Windows.

Now before I updated the 'modules' my WiFi connection would connect automatically to what ever address I had originally started manually, this upon boot. Now, I have to start it manually everytime. It's not a big issue, because like I said, my connection and signal are better then it ever was. And it always connects to what ever unsecured address is out there.

Now here's a weird part. I installed Kubuntu NBR last night from Synaptic and my WiFi connected automatically every time to the same address. I went back to Ubuntu because I liked it's NBR interface set-up better.

Any ideas to fix this 'not a real big issue' ? (more like just wanting everything to work the way it should)
Thanks in advance.

J V
April 13th, 2010, 10:53 PM
Find out what the command-line is to make this connection then put it into startup applications... I don't know what the command-line is :)

Otis Spunkmiyer
April 13th, 2010, 10:59 PM
OK, thanks. I'll hunt the forums and google to see if I can locate it. And if I find it how should I address it in terminal ?

J V
April 13th, 2010, 11:04 PM
You can use the GUI, its in prefs ;)

Otis Spunkmiyer
April 13th, 2010, 11:09 PM
Bare with me, (I'm slow on the uptake, but once I get it I get it)
Can you clarify what you mean ?

Otis Spunkmiyer
April 13th, 2010, 11:22 PM
OK, I figure out what you meant, and it's already set in there for Auto. But still no Auto.

Otis Spunkmiyer
April 13th, 2010, 11:32 PM
I got it working ! I remove it, rebooted started it manually, rebooted again and it connected automatically.
Thanks for pointing me in the right direction