PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] 10.04 (beta 2) - Bluetooth only works right after booting into windows...??

cshultz
April 12th, 2010, 08:28 PM
I recently installed 64 bit 10.04 (beta 2). My laptop is a Toshiba X205-sli3. I'm dual-booting with windows 7. I have a bluetooth mouse I am trying to use with the built-in bluetooth adapter.

In most cases - my Ubuntu system does not, in any way, see my bluetooth hardware (I've tried several things 'hci dev', 'rfkill list' 'lspci -v') - and, yes, I have checked the hardware switch - it is on, and my wlan works just fine. Nothing shows a hint of my bluetooth hardware. I've seen a similar problem here (it just stopped after restart, according to this person): http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=756521

If I restart and boot into windows and then restart again and boot into Ubuntu - it works without any problem. It is automatically recognized and works with my mouse flawlessly - but after I reboot again (without going into Windows), the hardware is once again missing.

Any ideas? It's as if the Windows driver does some extra step to enable the hardware, but the Linux driver skips that... Not sure if this is a bug in the beta, or if something else is going on...