PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] bind9 and NS records

vipswiss
April 12th, 2010, 02:46 AM
Hello guys ok first I will try to formulate my question as clearly as possible I am a newbee at this. My objective is to set up a server that will host web sites that r going to be open for public. I have st up unbuntu 9.10 server platform installed webmin installed everything all the packages that needed to for work with web-content. I have set up Virtualmin too

I am stuck on BIND DNS Server for example I have purchased a domain name at godaddy.com (mydomain.com) and I want to host it on my server and I want my server DNS ns1.myhost.com and ns1.myhost.com how do I set it up please point me to the right materials.

What should I do how do I set up bind9 please point me in the right direction or example can't figure out how it all connects

terazen
April 13th, 2010, 06:26 PM
Check out O'Reilly's DNS and BIND. The first 4 chapters only take a few hours to read and that's all you need to get started (about 80 pages). I'm pretty sure you can get to it from books.google.com, though it's worth owning.

There are some guides on the internet for setting up bind, but if you are going to take the time to read those, you may as well read it from a well written book.