PDA

View Full Version : Linksys USB Adapter Not Showing my Network

kraken613
April 7th, 2010, 11:57 PM
I installed Ubuntu 10.04 earlier and I have a Linksys Dual-Band Wireless-N USB Network Adapter I use. I used it before in 9.10 and it worked fine. It seems to be working because it shows my neighbors unsecured network but my network that uses WPA2.

I didn't know if there were any know solutions.

Thanks!

rbmorse
April 8th, 2010, 12:51 AM
Is this a WUSB600N?

I have one of those, worked great with Lucid (after installing a driver for the RT2680 chipset from the Railsys site) through either Alpha3 or Alpha4. After that, it quit connecting to my network (WPA2), although it still sees the AP if I cilck on "show hidden networks" from the wireless tab of the network applett in the task bar.

Bug 442178 in Lauchpad that mentions the issue and includes a work-around, but that has not been successful for me on Lucid (but I may have screwed something up).

The original Bug report was for Karmic. Comments already indicate it applies to Lucid, too, but I don't know if the Lucid bugtracker has picked this one up.

It's a shame...this issue has pretty much moved me back to Windows 7 where the device is plug 'n play.

kraken613
April 8th, 2010, 01:05 AM
Yep, thats the one.... Too bad its doesn't work, I was looking forward to having it to use as a 2nd PC at my desk.

rbmorse
April 8th, 2010, 02:13 AM
Well, as I mentioned before it worked fine through the Alpha versions of Lucid and I'm pretty sure that it will work again, someday. But yes, it's a bit frustrating at the moment.

rbmorse
April 9th, 2010, 03:34 PM
As of the latest updates, my Linksys WUSB600N adapter is working again and I have a WPA2 encrypted wireless link running at 130 Mb/s.