PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Gnarwl

bluedrakonis
April 7th, 2010, 01:47 PM
im following this guide
http://www.howtoforge.com/postfix-virtual-hosting-with-ldap-backend-and-with-dovecot-as-imap-pop3-server-on-ubuntu-karmic-koala-9.10-p5

an i do the apt-get install gnarwl but /etc/gnarwl.conf /etc/gnarwl.conf.bck is no where on my server. i even tried to install it again to make sure and it showed that it was already installed any ideas?

ICEB3AR
April 7th, 2010, 02:05 PM
What's the output of

find / -type f -name gnarwl.conf
find / -type f -name gnarwl.conf.bck

?

bluedrakonis
April 7th, 2010, 02:19 PM
it says -bash: find/: no such file or directory

KB1JWQ
April 7th, 2010, 06:13 PM
Check your spacing.

bluedrakonis
April 7th, 2010, 08:27 PM
i may have had the spacing off because now it doesnt show anything it just goes to where i can enter another command

kewlrichie
April 8th, 2010, 07:42 AM
I believe the author just mistyped the file name it should be /etc/gnarwl.cfg

btw on page 3 check the dovecot correction on the bottom. I submitted that when I built the older version of this guide for 8.10 and just submitted it again when he made the 9.10 just so people know

bluedrakonis
April 8th, 2010, 12:15 PM
thanks ill give this a try and let you know how it goes

bluedrakonis
April 8th, 2010, 12:54 PM
thanks that got gnarwl took care of now i have to fix the postfix error i get when i try to stop it

* Stopping Postfix Mail Transport Agent postfix postfix: warning: valid_hostname: invalid character 32(decimal): mail.example.tld # ==> change this for your setup.
postfix: fatal: file /etc/postfix/main.cf: parameter myhostname: bad parameter value: mail.example.tld # ==> change this for your setup.
[fail]

never mind figured it out