PDA

View Full Version : lucid install problems

silvietta
April 7th, 2010, 10:13 AM
Hello you all,

First of all let me introduce myself: I'm Silvia, I'm living in Sardinia, Italy where I work as network manager; before I've been systems engineer in a big company, working with IRIX, Solaris and Windows server; last but absolutely not least, I'm too mom, wife and a good cook!

Last week I've tried to install lucid on an Acer TravelMate4200 w/ 4 Gb RAM but at the end of the install process (install failed) I got a notice saying something like it fails setting suuid (or something like that, I was on the rush - is my job laptop - so I've immediately re-installed karmic to be "dressed to kill" again without ever thinking to write down the info and hoping that at the end of the month, when 10.4 will be officially released, any problem will be resolved); I got it two times, when I've tried installing from DVD and when I've tried installing from CD, so isn't matter of image or burning process and anyway the md5sum was correct for both the DVD and the CD.

I'd wish to know if someone else has experienced this fault and how it has been managed (if it has benn managed).

Thank, you and best regards,

Silvia

Mark Phelps
April 7th, 2010, 01:08 PM
Since Lucid is still in beta testing, any questions you have regarding it should be posted to the beta testing forum: Development & Programming, Lucid Lynx Testing.

silvietta
April 7th, 2010, 03:11 PM
OK sorry but I didn't think about being in the wrong place :-)

News: I've upgraded the fresh installed Karmic with update-manager -d and anything has gone in the right place; just got once an error about plymouth crash after first reboot, never more happened.

Thanks again,

Silvia