PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Problem with Upgrading to 10.04

Running_Dualboot
April 7th, 2010, 02:57 AM
It did the whole thing but then got to the very end it says 10 min remaining, and it was like this for 4 hours before I finally just gave up.

What went wrong?

sandyd
April 7th, 2010, 02:59 AM
It did the whole thing but then got to the very end it says 10 min remaining, and it was like this for 4 hours before I finally just gave up.

What went wrong?
download a livecd, then update the packages.
There are still a lot of weird/broken packages floating around in lucid.

ranch hand
April 7th, 2010, 05:12 AM

What went wrong?
Why on earth is this on the ABT forum? There is a testing forum where this should be.

I hope it gets moved soon.

If you had used the forum search function before trying the upgrade you may have had more knowledge about what you were doing and now you have probably screwed a perfectly good OS.

Mykk
April 7th, 2010, 08:18 AM
Why on earth is this on the ABT forum? There is a testing forum where this should be.

I hope it gets moved soon.

If you had used the forum search function before trying the upgrade you may have had more knowledge about what you were doing and now you have probably screwed a perfectly good OS.

Lol whats your beef?

Why not try to help the man instead of flame him for posting in the wrong section?

ANYWAY...

Dude, i had the same problem when i did mine. I could get to the log on screen but couldnt log on. So i pressed ctrl alt f2 and logged in there, ran the updates and it was fine :)

lisati
April 7th, 2010, 08:24 AM

What went wrong?

Hmmmmm.... you are aware that 10.04 hasn't officially been released yet and is still in testing?

There have been some good suggestions so far - feel free to ask questions if you are stuck.

ubun2warrior
April 7th, 2010, 08:31 AM
Ubuntu 10.04 beta release is out, so download the live cd and update the system or do a fresh install. You can wait for the official release as well.

Mykk
April 7th, 2010, 08:35 AM
Ubuntu 10.04 beta release is out, so download the live cd and update the system or do a fresh install. You can wait for the official release as well.

When is that? I seem to remember reading something like the 22nd of this month?

ranch hand
April 7th, 2010, 08:43 AM
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1304172

From the stickies in the 10.04-testing forum.

Mykk
April 7th, 2010, 08:46 AM
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1304172

From the stickies in the 10.04-testing forum.

Wouldn't it have been easier to just say the 29th rather than copy and paste that link lol? :)

ranch hand
April 7th, 2010, 03:55 PM
No, because there is other information on the link besides the B2 date, the freezes are important to know if you are trying to update and find that instead of 50 to 100Mb a day you are getting 0 to 1Mb.

This can lead to thinking there is something wrong with your system.

The different Art drops are of great interest to many folks.

A more interesting schedule is here;

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LucidReleaseSchedule?action=show&redirect=LucidLynxSchedule