PDA

View Full Version : Installation take too long

lovinglinux
April 6th, 2010, 10:21 PM
I'm installing Lucid Beta 1 on a VM and is taking a lot of time, much more than usual. Is it because it is a VM or does it really take a lot more time than Karmic?

forcecore
April 6th, 2010, 10:40 PM
maybe that slows like i had this strange language automated download, press little skip button or disconnect internet cable like i did when installing.

lovinglinux
April 6th, 2010, 10:44 PM
maybe that slows like i had this strange language automated download, press little skip button or disconnect internet cable like i did when installing.

Thanks, but it is taking a lot of time to start too. I have reached the desktop, but there is no panel, nothing...

lovinglinux
April 6th, 2010, 10:46 PM
Ok. Desktop is up now. Next step will be to install on a separate partition and see how it goes...

hikaricore
April 6th, 2010, 11:16 PM
The VM certainly isn't speeding up the process any, but as to if it's the cause of the slowdown I couldn't really say without more info.

cariboo907
April 6th, 2010, 11:59 PM
How long did it take to download load the language packs? If the repositories are busy, it may take up to 20 minutes to down load them.

forcecore
April 7th, 2010, 01:42 AM
that apt language download should be optional not automatic, if someone has slow internet or do not need those then it is pointless to download and download only when needed. I pull the lan cable out or wait skip button.