PDA

View Full Version : Mythmusic not showing covers with visualization running

stafio
April 3rd, 2010, 03:46 AM
I am running Mythbuntu 9.10 and am having a problem with MythMusic. When any visualization that uses opengl is running and a new song comes on, the album cover shows for a fraction of a second and then disappears. I have it set to display for 4 seconds in the setup. Non opengl visualizations do not have this problem - the cover displays as it should. Does anyone else have this problem and or know of a fix?

crbnrod
February 27th, 2011, 05:42 PM
This is kind of an old thread, so not sure if the OP is still seeing about this, but I'm noticing the same problem in mythmusic when a visualization is running after I upgraded to 10.04 LTS & .23

Basically in the past, whenever a new track would start, it'd pop up a little box at the bottom that had the artist, track name, and maybe a thumbnail of the album art. The box would stay there for like 3 seconds and then vanish.

Since upgrading, the box flashes for like a fraction of a second at the beginning of the track or if I press "i". It seems to be a problem with the visualization trying to appear on top of the track information or something like that because if I set the visualization to "blank," the track info displays as I'd expect it to.

Not sure if there's an easy fix I've overlooked, or my google-fu is just not up to snuff. I've seen a few others ask about this issue in various forums, but never a solution.

stafio
February 27th, 2011, 10:02 PM
Unfortunately, I never was able to find a solution for this. I opened a bug for it (https://bugs.launchpad.net/mythbuntu/+bug/556174), but it hasn't received any updates in a long time.

However, I can say that this isn't really an issue for me any more since I've started using XBMC. XMBC is a great program with a great interface and many easy to use plugins. I should point out that there's a MythTV plugin so that as long as my myth back-end is running I can watch live tv and handle recordings. I highly recommend giving XBMC a try if you haven't already.