PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Landscape Pricing Plans

real_ate
April 2nd, 2010, 11:37 AM
Hi everyone,

I've just found out about he fantastic idea of Ubuntu Landscape http://www.canonical.com/projects/landscape and I want to get my hands on it! But unfortunately I'm not a business and don't have ~ 100 to spend per node of my "installation". My story is that I'm slowly converting my family and many others onto the ubuntu desktop edition but I've recently emigrated so I can't be around all the time for tech support or even know when they have turned my apt-cache box off!! ( really annoys me when they do that ;) )

My question is: are there any plans for Canonical to release a different price plan for home users? I would be prepared to pay, on first consideration 100-150 for a year's subscription for my small number of boxes just so that I can keep my family happy wile i'm an absentee sys admin! Like I said, i'm not a business and in fact I do think the price point for businesses is a fair one but I think that there are a load more people like myself that may pay this subscription for the system in the Home market.

I haven't been on these forums for quite a while so I can't remember if there are any people from Ubuntu or Canonical reading these things but I would really like to get their take on this. If you want to contact me directly thats fine and we can discuss this.

Cheers,
-Real_ate

Buggrit
September 13th, 2012, 09:27 AM
I would also like to install a system like this at home. Maybe pricing along the lines of the ant-virus companies would make more sense. McAfee charges around 40 per year for a 3 machine home-user licence. That seems to be affordable enough to make them a very popular option in their field. Maybe a similar price-point would work here?

bmavus
August 3rd, 2013, 11:29 PM
giving 100-150 per node is ridiculous

CharlesA
August 4th, 2013, 01:09 AM
Landscape is more for enterprise use, but since the original post is from 2010, this thread is closed.