PDA

View Full Version : Looking to form linux n00b group

M1ck3y
April 2nd, 2010, 02:29 AM
Hey everyone. I'm fairly new to linux (about a month in) and I'm absolutely loving it. I'm currently running ubuntu and it's just great. I'm not sure if anyone would be interested, but I thought it would be cool to form some connections with other people just starting out. A little group to talk about things we're figuring out and try to trouble shoot each other's problems. Anyway, if this sounds fun at all reply to the post or e-mail me.

Things I'm looking to learn more about:
bash shell
networking
encryption
programming
general linux navigation

cheers,
M1ck3y

Dragonbite
April 2nd, 2010, 02:03 PM
Another resource that may be helpful would be if there was a Loco or LUG (Linux User Group) in your area. That way you can "tap into" some potentially experiences users and find out how they do things.

M1ck3y
April 3rd, 2010, 03:33 AM
Thanks a lot, I looked into it and there actually is a Linux User Group in my area. I'll definitely go check it out soon. I guess I was just looking for a couple of people to have as online friends that are in to Linux and programming. Thanks for your help though, hopefully I'll find some local people to hang out with.

Dragonbite
April 5th, 2010, 01:40 PM
Thanks a lot, I looked into it and there actually is a Linux User Group in my area. I'll definitely go check it out soon. I guess I was just looking for a couple of people to have as online friends that are in to Linux and programming. Thanks for your help though, hopefully I'll find some local people to hang out with.

Well if it's in Connecticut, maybe I'll see you around there sometime! ;)

Elfy
April 5th, 2010, 05:34 PM
off topic posts jailed

I would agree with the LUG comments from Dragonbite.