PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] squirrelmail / postfix config problem on ubuntu server 9.10

penrodyn
March 31st, 2010, 09:50 PM
Hi,

I have created a working mail server using postfix and squirrelmail by following the tutorial at http://www.mysql-apache-php.com/.

My problem is that I would prefer squirrelmail to be installed on my webserver (ubuntu-www) and connect to my mail server (ubuntu-mail) rather than have squirrelmail run from the mail server. I can login, send and receive external emails using squirrelmail installed on the mail server so I installed squirrelmail on the web server, mirroring the configuration with the exception of the fact that I changed the server settings from local host to the IP address of the mail server.

When I attempt to login via squirrelmail on the webserver I get an error unknown user or password incorrect.

Hope this makes sense, any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!
Lee

KB1JWQ
April 1st, 2010, 11:02 PM
Remove Squirrelmail from the equation. Use Thunderbird or evolution, and point it at the mailserver.

I think you'll find it fails there, too. If so, I'd like to see what the maillogs say for Dovecot (or whatever imap server you're using).