PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Intermittent internet connection

daveyjim
March 31st, 2010, 06:49 PM
Hello all,

I'm an absolute beginner at Ubuntu having messed up windows numerous times, so any reply may need to be basic.

In the past two days I'm having problems with my internet connection; it seems to be working fine then every other click of a page there is no connection, then I click it again a second later and it works. I am using a wired network connection plugged into an addon wireless router, there's nothing I can put my finger on.

When I use ping under network tools it seems to be fine, then freezes halfway through and doesn't receive those few packets, giving me a transmission percentage of about 70%.

Can anybody help please?

Iowan
March 31st, 2010, 09:41 PM
Here (http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1376506) is a thread that goes through testing MTU. See if it helps.

98cwitr
March 31st, 2010, 09:48 PM
what do you mean by "addon" router?

adgoldman9
October 12th, 2012, 06:19 AM
Hello,

I've recently installed ubuntu 12.04 and been on numerous forms trying different tactics for fixing my wireless intermittent connection. I have win7 dual boot and have no issues on win OS, but browsing on firefox and chromium using ubuntu has a constant intermittent conn. It can be semi resolved by refreshing connec, but usually after a min. or less the problem continues. Im thinking my router or wirel. driver, but like I mentioned, its only ubuntu OS. Any recommendations fixing this problem out there?

Asus A53E (laptop)/ Atheros AR8151 PCI E Gigabit Ethernet Controller driver

Wild Man
October 12th, 2012, 06:34 AM
If a post is older than a year or so and hasn't had a new reply in that time, instead of replying to it, create a new thread. In the software world, a lot can change in a very short time, and doing things this way makes it more likely that you will find the best information. You may link to the original discussion in the new thread if you think it may be helpful.