PDA

View Full Version : Cisco Clean Access Agent

glowell
March 31st, 2010, 04:06 PM
Well I know there are a few postings on this forum and on other websites about how to get Clean Access Agent working on Ubuntu.

But I am a bit confused by a few of them.

I can't stand my college it department (Erie Community College) because in my view they did a terrible job at setting up the school network and I personally hate Cisco. So they had to screw it up by requiring us to use the Cisco Clean Access Agent or on the web browser "java web applet" or Nac agent.

All of these obviously work on the different Microsoft O.S. and Mac Osx operating systems but I am fed up with Microsoft due to the registry because I'm tired of having to constantly clean them.

I've messed with Ubuntu a few times on my netbook because it lasts longer and from what I guess a lot more secure.

But how do I get the Cisco Nac Agent or Clean Access Agent working on Ubuntu?

On the Cisco website they say there is a linux version but I am unable to find the download link to install the package onto Ubuntu.

Any help would be great. I'd love to keep Ubuntu on my netbook and not re install Windows due to that reason.

It is a much cleaner and more secure O.S. than any of the Microsoft products and I am not a Mac fan because they're over priced and I can get more bang for my buck as they say buying a PC.

Fortunately Ubuntu to me is the pc Mac alternative for PCS and desktop pcs.

Any help would be highly appreciated thanks.

DGortze380
March 31st, 2010, 04:41 PM
Well I know there are a few postings on this forum and on other websites about how to get Clean Access Agent working on Ubuntu.

But I am a bit confused by a few of them.

I can't stand my college it department (Erie Community College) because in my view they did a terrible job at setting up the school network and I personally hate Cisco. So they had to screw it up by requiring us to use the Cisco Clean Access Agent or on the web browser "java web applet" or Nac agent.

All of these obviously work on the different Microsoft O.S. and Mac Osx operating systems but I am fed up with Microsoft due to the registry because I'm tired of having to constantly clean them.

I've messed with Ubuntu a few times on my netbook because it lasts longer and from what I guess a lot more secure.

But how do I get the Cisco Nac Agent or Clean Access Agent working on Ubuntu?

On the Cisco website they say there is a linux version but I am unable to find the download link to install the package onto Ubuntu.

Any help would be great. I'd love to keep Ubuntu on my netbook and not re install Windows due to that reason.

It is a much cleaner and more secure O.S. than any of the Microsoft products and I am not a Mac fan because they're over priced and I can get more bang for my buck as they say buying a PC.

Fortunately Ubuntu to me is the pc Mac alternative for PCS and desktop pcs.

Any help would be highly appreciated thanks.

I'll hold my tongue, as I don't agree with a lot of what you said...

run it in WINE, it should come back clean and register you.