PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Remote Desktop - Locked on workstation

tomr98
March 30th, 2010, 03:04 PM
How do I set up a remote desktop session, like Windows, which allows me to log into my computer remotely, but leaves the desktop locked at the workstation so people cannot see what I am doing?

(I have enabled remote desktop and can access my computer remotely, but anyone who is sitting nearby can see what I am going on the screen?)

I am very new to Ubuntu, but have years with Windows and I love what I am seeing so far with Linux.

Thanks for all the helpful resources!

-Tom

tomr98
April 1st, 2010, 02:57 AM
So for all the hubbub I hear about leaving Windows....no one can answer my question???????

A simple remote desktop question takes days to hear a reply?????

WOW, a true bunch of geeks? I am saddened by the lack of knowledge here? I thought you would be jumping all over this. I guess I over estimated the Linux crowd.

Well back to Windows and my systems that let me work remotely whilest not allowing my desktop to be viewed by all my co-workers.

A sad day for the so-called Linux "geeks". Try harder next time girls. Maybe someday you will convert me.:confused:

fatbotgw
April 1st, 2010, 03:05 AM
Did you try searching?

I found this: Remote desktop to ubuntu and locking the server display (http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?p=8503523)

Maybe next time you shouldn't give up so soon...

tomr98
April 1st, 2010, 05:06 PM
muchas gracias mi amigo

yeleek
April 1st, 2010, 05:35 PM
So for all the hubbub I hear about leaving Windows....no one can answer my question???????

A simple remote desktop question takes days to hear a reply?????

WOW, a true bunch of geeks? I am saddened by the lack of knowledge here? I thought you would be jumping all over this. I guess I over estimated the Linux crowd.

Well back to Windows and my systems that let me work remotely whilest not allowing my desktop to be viewed by all my co-workers.

A sad day for the so-called Linux "geeks". Try harder next time girls. Maybe someday you will convert me

Perhaps you should spend more time here? (http://just****inggoogleit.com/)