PDA

View Full Version : [xubuntu] synaptic package manager

grumpyhillbilly
March 30th, 2010, 01:42 AM
E: dpkg was interrupted, you must manually run 'sudo dpkg --configure -a' to correct the problem.
E: _cache->open() failed, please report.

I tried opening the package manager and got this message. I tried doing as it said running sudo dpkg but it said I had to configure it first, I have no idea how to do that. Any pointers?

grumpyhillbilly
March 30th, 2010, 01:59 AM
Never mind, I fixed it. I was trying to install a help file but apparently flash was just stuck and didn't install properly when I tried earlier. Hope it makes sense to someone because it sure doesn't to me!

Chris Edgell
March 30th, 2010, 02:16 AM
I am quite sure that the same thing happened to me and I just reinstalled.

In my case, it was something that had not installed properly also.

Did you know that if you go to "Quick Links" on that bar just down from the top of the Forum pages, you will see "Edit Details" if you click there, when you get to that page scroll down to where you see "Ubuntu Distro"...if you put what you are running in your machine there, it will show up on that "Name tag" here on the left side where we see the names and avatar and (for the people who filled that in) what "Distro" we are running...it makes it a quick start for people who focus on you to answer any of your questions.

And then, at the top of your thread, you will see the words "Thread Tools"; click there and you can choose "Mark thread solved".

Glad you were able to fix your own problem...I hope to see you around.

Bye for now
Chris