PDA

View Full Version : Wubi install of Mythbuntu not showing Mythin grub

spudbynight
March 29th, 2010, 09:14 PM
I am currently toying with the idea of moving my HTPC over to Mythbuntu and also running XBMC. I have dipped my toe in the water and downloaded Mythbuntu. I wanted to try an install with Wubi first to make sure all my hardware ran nicely.

I have already run into a glitch. When I reboot the Windows 7 bootloader gives me two options - Win7 and Mythbuntu. If I select Mythbuntu it dumps me to Grub with Windows 7 as the only option. Selecting Windows 7 dumps me back at the Win7 boot loader.

Am I missing something really straight forward?

spudbynight
March 30th, 2010, 11:48 PM
Anyone?

mitchell2345
March 31st, 2010, 10:33 PM
no clue on that one man, WUBI is pry not used much since a MythTV box is normally left on 100% of the time and not dual booted. So your not going to get much help in the area.

sorry
mitchell

spudbynight
March 31st, 2010, 11:14 PM
It looks like I might need to do this via a pendrive installation first then to try things out.

I had issues with this before when I was running onboard ATI graphics on my HTPC. I have a GeForce 210 now so it should be a smoother ride.

Ms_Knox
July 15th, 2010, 08:15 AM
I'm having exactly the same problem, and I don't want to erase the windows side as it is set up with versions of programs that my work computer is running, in case it breaks and I need another PC urgently. Did you find any solution other than giving up?

nickrout
July 15th, 2010, 08:49 AM
I'm having exactly the same problem, and I don't want to erase the windows side as it is set up with versions of programs that my work computer is running, in case it breaks and I need another PC urgently. Did you find any solution other than giving up?

How does installing mythbuntu the usual way and dual booting not achieve what you want?

Ms_Knox
July 15th, 2010, 10:25 PM
That would be giving up on Wubi, which I'll obviously have to do unless I can find a solution. In the meantime I thought I'd see if anyone knows a quick fix.

goffa
July 16th, 2010, 04:10 AM
You can download the mythbuntu iso and boot without installing.

If you do not want to burn the iso to a CD, unetbootin can be used.
http://unetbootin.sourceforge.net/

since a MythTV box is normally left on 100% of the time

An advantage of using mythtv(linux) is that is does not have to be left on 100% of the time. When setup right it will turn on just before a recording.