PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Terminal Server Client Keeps Dis-connecting

derekeverett
March 29th, 2010, 11:51 AM
I've bothered you fine people with my Terminal Server Client questions before and you've been a big help. So I'm hoping for such luck again...

I use the Terminal Server Client nightly to connect to my work. I run it for 6 to 16 hours a night. The only problem I'm still having is while in Ubuntu, I can't seem to keep it connected for more than 20 minutes or so at a time.

It is constantly dis-connecting. It's not a BIG deal in that all I have to do is push re-connect and it pops back up but I'm usually working on something in a different workspace and it's a drag to have to keep moving it back etc.

This does not happen to me in Windows (using the same machine & internet connection) so I'm thinking that it's an Ubuntu issue?

If anybody has any suggestions I could try to at least cut back on the disconnects that would be appreciated.

Oh and if it matters - I believe it's a Windows Terminal Server I'm connecting too. I can ask my work's IT guy for any relevant info if needed... but he's not a Linux man.

Thanks again.