PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Strange wireless problem

chris0108
March 27th, 2010, 10:38 PM
I have a very strange wireless problem, i have ubuntu 9.10 installed on a dual boot with a belkin pci wireless card, i have used ndiswrapper to install the windows driver, plenty of wireless connections come up, i find my own and try to connect, it asks for the password (i have double checked and this is correct), and then goes to connect, now heres the weird bit, the connection light comes up on the card as though its on the network then after about 1 minute the light goes out and ubuntu tells me it is now off line.
I was just wondering if i have the correct network settings, mine at present are set as follows -

WIRELESS TAB
SSID - "Belkin54g"
MODE - infastructure
BSSID - (nothing for this)
MAC ADD- (nothing for this)
MTU - Auto

WIRELESS SECURITY
Security - wpa & wpa2 personal
Password - ********* (not telling that LOL)

IPv4 SETTINGS
Method - automatic (DHCP)
DHCP Client ID - (nothing for this)

IPv6 SETTINGS
Method - Ignore

Are these correct?
Thank you for you time

EarlsFurniture
April 21st, 2011, 09:25 PM
Did you ever fix the problem?

I just installed Xubuntu 11.04b2 on my sister-in-laws Toshiba Satellite L25 and she's having the same problem. It will connect with no trouble and normal speeds to several wifi networks, WEP or open, but it takes forever to connect to her Belkin54g and even when it does, speed is pathetic.

Google loads and searches fine on it. But links take forever to load. Updates are a no-go hit and miss. Most of the software sources don't download and those that do, most of the updates don't download.

She has the exact same settings as you, so if you fixed it, please let me know how.

Unfortunately, I don't have ready access to the machine, so I'll have to relay everything to her or my brother. As much advice or things to try or check at one time as possible would be most helpful.

Thanks in advance.